Chapter 9: The Abandoned Audino

Kalos Region 6:23 am, Vaniville Town

While Ash Ketchum was in the Kanto Region training for the upcoming World Coronation Series Tournament, a certain honey-blonde Kalosian performer was sleeping in her room, having a sweet dream about Ash. She was in a peaceful state within the comfort of her bed, until a particular Fletchling came flying into her room and suddenly used Peck on her head. 

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" a feminine voice screeched out, enough to wake up the entire neighborhood.

"Urgh..." Serena groaned as she groggily sat up on her bed. She stretched her arms and then shot her mother's Fletchling an irritated look. "I really need to close my doors and windows whenever I go to sleep..."

"Fletchling!" the tiny robin Pokémon chirped happily, while perched on the top of Serena's head.

Ever since Serena's childhood, her mother's Fletchling has served as her "personal alarm clock" that would wake her up for the daily Rhyhorn training practices that she always filled her with dread. She mentally debated whether Clemont's Bonnie-Out-Of-Bed-O-Matic invention or Fletchling would be the worst possible alarm clock to have. She was leaning towards Clemont's invention, but then Fletchling playfully pecked her forehead again. "Nope! Definitely the Fletchling!"

Serena felt something rustling under her covers, so she lifted it up to reveal what was underneath. It's her Pikachu! Her Pikachu was sleeping on the bed with her since it didn't enjoy sleeping in her Poké Ball, or getting inside one for that matter.

She remembered when she was walking with Braixen and Sylveon at the shopping district in Mauville City. While shopping for a cute outfit, she encountered a female Pikachu that appeared to have been following her. Serena just adored the electric mouse Pokémon, so she battled it with her Sylveon and successfully caught it since it sort of reminded her of Ash and his own Pikachu in a way. However, her newly caught female Pikachu suddenly popped out of the Poké Ball and rarely went back into it ever since.

"Cha~" Pikachu squeaked as Serena started stroking her fur. Despite being a female, it shared a lot of common similarities with Ash's Pikachu. Both despise their Poké Balls, both loved the Poké Puffs and desserts Serena bakes, and both are cute and adorable in Serena's eyes. 

However, Serena's Pikachu loved Contests and Performances, so her moveset was more specialized in appealing to the crowd, while also providing a dazzling show. Serena's Pikachu knows the moves: Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, Attract, and Double Team. These moves were very helpful in both the appeal and battle rounds of the Pokémon Contests in Hoenn.

"Serena! I cooked your favorite for breakfast!" her mother, Grace called from downstairs. She was downstairs cooking breakfast for the two of them.

"Fletch!" Fletchling heard her trainer and flew straight down from where it came.

"I'll be down after I get ready, mom!" Serena yelled back, to let her mother know that she wouldn't be going downstairs just yet. Pikachu drowsily got to her feet and rubbed her eyes. Serena got a brush and started brushing Pikachu's back and tail. She cooed with delight in response to each stroke from the brush. 

"Chaaa...~" Pikachu squeaked in happiness.

Serena simply smiled at her electric mouse Pokémon and continued brushing her. She also made a mental note to give Sylveon her daily brushing afterward. Sylveon always loved to be brushed and groomed, whether it was day or night.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A few minutes later, Serena proceeded to make her way downstairs to the dining area, where she was greeted by her mother and Fletchling.