Chapter 10: Visiting the Lumiose Siblings

"Serena!" Bonnie shouted happily with an eager grin as she embraced her, "older sister" in a friendly hug. At first, Serena was a little surprised to see Bonnie, but eventually reciprocated and wrapped her arms around her, "little sister."

"Hello, Bonnie. It's been a while since I've last seen you in person. The phone call doesn't do your maturity justice." Serena complimented with her all-natural, angelic smile. It was the truth. Bonnie grew in height and her body developed slightly, as she is now an 11-year-old girl. At that moment, a small little orange rodent Pokémon chose to pop out of Bonnie's handbag.

"Ded-enne!" Dedenne squeaked a greeting from the comfort of the handbag. It appeared despite it being three years, Dedenne still preferred to be in Bonnie's bag.

"Hello to you too Dedenne!" Serena giggled. She then grabbed a Poké Puff from her basket and gently offered one to Dedenne, which took it while expressing his gratitude.

"Che, Chespin!" Chespin cried out as he started causing a tantrum, which caused the girls and Pokémon to laugh. 

"I haven't forgotten about you, Chespin." She assures Chespin, as she handed him two different-colored Poké Puffs. Chespin took it greedily, but still cried out his thank you before stuffing them both into his mouth. The spiny nut Pokémon held his cheeks and sighed in happiness.

"It looks like Chespin hasn't changed," Serena noted and looked at Bonnie.

Bonnie simply shrugged and replied, "More or less." The lemon-haired girl from Lumiose City noticed Serena's Pokémon and squealed excitedly. Her eyes glimmered with excitement. "Oh wow! Delphox evolved! And you got new Pokémon!"

Serena nodded and shot Bonnie a smile. "Yes, you already know Delphox, Pancham, and Sylveon." She gestured towards those three Pokémon before she pointed to her other Pokémon. "These are Hatterene, Audino, and Pikachu."

"Oh wow! A Pikachu! It's such a cutie!" Bonnie remarked as she got closer to Serena's Pikachu. Unfortunately for Bonnie, Pikachu noticed and got startled.

"Pikapika...!" Pikachu squeaked and hid from Bonnie by diving into a nearby bush. To Pikachu's surprise, the bush was already occupied by a couple of wild Bunnelby, who both kicked Pikachu out of the bush.

"Bun-elbee!" one of the wild Bunnelby muttered before going back into the bush.

Serena sighed and gently scooped up her Pikachu and placed her on her shoulder. "Yeah... Pikachu here is a little timid and shy. She easily gets surprised, especially by people or Pokémon approaching her from behind."

"I'm so sorry if I scared you, Pikachu." Bonnie apologized innocently.

"Pika..."

"It's okay Bonnie. Just give Pikachu some time to get to know you and she will be one of the most affectionate Pokémon you will ever meet." Serena reassured her young friend.

"So Serena, what took you so long?" Bonnie asked with a slight frown on her face. "We expected you two hours ago! We got worried and I thought you might have gone shopping, so I went out to search for you around the entire city." 

"Oh, sorry I was late. I ran into a situation I couldn't ignore." Serena apologized sheepishly.

"Oh do tell. I'm all ears. Big Brother is at the gym, let's go!" Bonnie said as she began dragging Serena towards Prism Tower. All of Serena's Pokémon sweatdropped as they followed Bonnie and Serena to the gym.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

On the way to Prism Tower, Serena explained what she witnessed and everything else that happened that same morning. By the time she finished her recollection of what had occurred in the morning, Bonnie was steaming mad. She seemed like she wanted to run off in the direction of Santalune City.