Chapter 19: Reunion of Amour

There was just absolute silence. What appeared to be a heartfelt or romantic moment, potentially ruined by the sudden outburst of an 11-year-old lemon-haired girl. The raven-haired teenager and honey blonde teenager quickly composed themselves and looked towards the group.

"Bonnie! That was not part of the plan!" Clemont yelled at her with a glare, breaking the awkward silence.

"Well there's a change of plans!" Bonnie shot back at Clemont with her tongue sticking out. She even flew her brother a raspberry.

"Apologize to them right now!" Clemont ordered sternly. Bonnie refused and put her foot down with an irritated expression, like a kid that didn't get the toy they wanted.

"No! They need to grow up and start acting like adults now!" Bonnie argued angrily. "This has been going on long enough!"

"It's alright, Clemont. Bonnie just got... really excited." Ash told his friend. Serena was just confused at the moment. What should she do? Should she confront everyone on what's going on? Or should she run emotional and embrace her crush, who appeared to have returned to her. Serena was hesitant, so she looked down at the Pikachu who looked at her intently. Ash's Pikachu still had the straw-hat on.

Ash, on the other hand, was nervous. Thanks to Bonnie, this wasn't how the reunion was supposed to go. Now, he was confused about what to do in the now awkward situation. Ash looked at the group. His friends appeared to be mouthing random things to him and gesturing to him to embrace her in a hug, with Miette actually suggesting some very questionable things. Calem, well, he wasn't helpful as he just shrugged as if he didn't care about the outcome. Finally, his sights fell on Serena's mother, Grace, who appeared to mouth the words, "Go for broke!"

'Screw it.' Ash thought as he wrapped his arms around Serena's waist and brought her into an embrace. Serena was extremely surprised by his actions, but found his touch to be soothing. She missed his presence so much that she would have dreams about him, but cry when she finds out that the dreams weren't real. She was broken out of her thoughts by Ash, who moved his head to look at her cerulean blue eyes.

"Hi... how are you doing?" Ash asked softly. That voice, it sounded slightly deeper, yet it still contained a soothing effect and a feeling of familiarity. Serena couldn't take it anymore, she had to let her emotions become loose.

"ASH!!!" Serena wailed his name as she melted into the arms of her raven-haired crush. He was now taller than her, which made him more perfect in Serena's eyes. She wasn't too enthusiastic about being slightly taller than the boy three years ago. But now, they were the perfect size for each other. Serena held a tight grip on her raven-haired crush, afraid that he may disappear if she let go.

"I will never let you go..." Serena murmured, while her head was gently lying on Ash's shoulder. She nuzzled her head in the crook of Ash's neck.

"Good, I'd hate it if you did just that," Ash said with a smirk. However, despite loving the embrace and comfort the two were getting from being intimate, they had to separate.

"Hey, you were really great out there, you know." Ash commented, as he referred to Serena's theme and freestyle performances during the showcase.

"T-thank you, Ash." Serena replied with a slight blush on her face. She was smiling. However, she froze when she saw Ash leaning forward towards her face. 'Oh my, is he going to kiss me?' In response, Serena also leaned forward. But what she didn't expect was for Ash to shift his face slightly so his mouth was near her ear.

"Aren't you going to give me a kiss?" Ash whispered with a slightly teasing tone in his voice. Serena shivered as Ash's breath tickled her ears. Serena then gasped slightly as Ash was the one that suddenly pulled her into a kiss. After a moment, Serena returned the kiss as she began feeling ecstasy and bliss. Shockwaves of electricity jolted through their bodies. Despite only feeling his lips for a couple of seconds years ago, the feeling still felt so familiar to her. The two then separated.