50. Family Affairs-2

(A/n: Ahh, this is a stupid chapter. Real stupid chapter)

==

Kao stared at Beam with an open mouth while Beam too was shocked.

"P'Beam..." Pete said slowly, making his great grandma gasp.

"Ahh, yes. That was the good name of the boy..." She smiled at Kao. "Oh, you are the younger one!"

"Em..." Kao turned to look at Beam again who smiled slightly at him.

"Okay everyone, we have great news to announce tonight" Forth's father called for everyone's attention before Kao could answer Achara.

The man smiled at everyone. "Now, I know this little family gettogether didn't exactly sail smoothly tonight. What with all the back to back shocks and fights and all" he smiled as he spoke. "But, tonight's dinner is very important to me and my family. So, I hope everyone's still having a good time and you people have it in you to put up with just, one more news. A good one"

"Oh for God's sake, shut up with the build-up you fool! Say it! I'm having a serious conversation here!" Achara scolded him and everyone laughed.

Aum hid his grimace and smiled at the old woman. "Sure. Since my older kids are already settled and happy in their lives with the best partners they could ask for" he spoke and Prikkang looked down with a bitter smile. "So, I think it's high time we think about Forth. Hence, the reason to gather you all here tonight along with our very important guests. Ben Vongviphan, his wife Maria and the rest of the family"

Forth's head snapped as he turned sharply to his father. Then his eyes met Beam's who stood rooted to his spot, staring at his stepmother's smug face while Aum kept on talking.

"Ey, come on Forth. Come right here!" Aum called Forth with an extended arm who walked up to join him but opted to jerk away from his touch. "This is your night son. And we care for your happiness"

Forth frowned. (Should he take the old man's temperature?)

"So, Myriah and I gathered you all here to share this special occasion, Forth getting engaged to the person he likes" Forth's frown widened even more. Beam's eyebrows reached the sky. "And it might come down as a surprise for you all but... Our Forth will be getting married to Baramee Vongviphan"

Beam sucked in a breath, eyes cold and expressionless as he stared at Forth's ashen face.

The whole room went on silent mode yet again. Pick just blinked. He gave up on his family. Pete's jaw hit the floor in shock. Kao's brother and the fucker Forth?

Lana's face was worth watching while Prikkang and Jeerawat gaped at Aum and Myriah like they were seeing them for the first time. Grandma Achara just fluttered her lashes, thinking if she really was too old and had heard it wrong. That precious angel and their rowdy Forth? Forth liked Beam? Did Beam like him too? What else was gonna happen? Was the world coming to an end?

And Sun was horrified for himself. Another of Gift's brothers?! She would kill him! And P'Beam was too good for the scary P'Forth!!!

Forth was still for a long time, just staring at Beam's cold face that was devoid of any emotions while Aum went on. "We're turning years long of association and friendly relations into family relations. The Jamhornums and the Vongviphans, our sons tying the knot soon as they graduate. I hope you people accept it just as openly as you all have accepted our Pick and Pete" he with a face as gentle and sincere that it could fool anyone, even Pick and Pete who both had their eyes widened.

"Is Doctor Doom off his meds?" Pick asked with a gaping mouth.

"Should we take his temperature?" Pete chuckled but then shut up when shot murderous looks by both his aunts. (Damn the wicked witch and the poison ivy! Yes, we're all closeted geeks here, sue us people!)