46. Love and Life

"There you go kid" Sharp put the coffee in front of Rome who was lost in thoughts. "Hey... where's your head?"

Rome smiled thinly at the senior and took the drink. "Here... and there... all over the place" he chuckled.

Sharp leaned on the counter. "Mind sharing?"

Though, they started on a wrong foot, with him spilling his smoothie on the older guy and then May charging on the guy. He found out Sharp was one of them. Those fucking swimmers. But then Kao told him he wasn't and Sharp helped him understand what really happened to Kao and how it happened. It didn't just help him get over the guilt he had been holding in his heart, it also gave him a great new friend in P'Sharp. The man was always ready to listen to him and offer sound advice. Plus, he was fun to hang out with. Someone he could rely on that wasn't his childhood girlfriends or the sweet but psycho trouble named Kao.

"Just... him" was all Rome said.

"That's not something new. You're always thinking about him, even when you say you won't. That's the curse of love. You can't stop it" Sharp laughed.

"I... I feel pathetic, you know. Like, so pathetic. After everything he did, I still..."

"You love him" Sharp shrugged. "You know, love makes you stupid and pathetic before it makes you happy, that's... if it makes you happy. Love doesn't always necessarily have a happy ending"

"Why?" Rome asked in frustration. "Why do we even fall in love then? All this... why?"

Sharp smiled. "What is a needle without thread? Or coffee without cream?"

Rome frowned. "I just know there's a point in there somewhere"

Sharp laughed and smacked his head. "That needle doesn't fix anything, it just pricks. And coffee is best savored with cream. Pain, is the cream of life. It fixes and balances life. It helps you grow. If you're happy all the damn time, who do you expect to appreciate that happiness?"

Rome blinked. "Crap! Who made you an engineer?"

"I know right" Sharp laughed out. "It was just an option I took. Study is not the goal for me. This shop is. Drink"

Rome smiled and took his coffee. "You sure you can't date me?"

"Who says I'm not dating you already? You're always here" Sharp flicked his forehead. "Everyone already thinks you're my boyfriend"

"Are you complaining?" Rome pouted.

Sharp laughed and went to wipe some cups. "Like you care about my complaining. Go home already"

"No wanna" Rome pouted. Then he sighed seeing Din calling him again.

"He's still at it?" Sharp noticed his uncomfortable expression. It would either be after seeing the asshole or the creep. Since, none of them were here, and Sharp knew Pick doesn't call or message to disturb Rome, it must be the creep. "I told Phun already to not call you to work for the club. You want me to deal with him"

"No. He might get tired" Rome sighed. "You know what I hate the most about this? P'Pick always said Din was bad news. I could just hear him say I told you so"

Sharp nodded. "If you trust me on this, I don't think you should take this situation lightly"

Rome gave him a miserable look and threw his head down on the counter, stomping his feet. "I'm so fucked up! My life is such a ruin!!!" he started shouting dramatically and Sharp looked around in alarm.

"Oi, people might think I'm doing something bad to you" Sharp smacked his head and he laughed. "Brat!" he frowned when the door to his cafe opened and in walked his whole gang. They never came there before, so he left Rome to mop around and went to them.