47. Out of Closet

Pick sat in front of his parents with a grim look on his face. He was looking at the ground, lost in thought. Yes, he was aware of the look of pure hatred his mother was giving him. Or the look of disappointment on his father's face. But he didn't have the heart to look up at them and face it. He was feeling scared like a little child. He just sat there, quietly. Listened to all the curses, all the bad words, all the menace his mother had to say to him. He didn't move, he didn't talk back, he just just sat there, looking at the ground.

"You already have a faggot you're screwing, don't you?" she asked suddenly and Pick was startled. But he did his best to not show it.

"If I did. I won't be sitting here right now on a Friday evening" he finally mustered the courage to look her in the eye. He knew if you wanted to let her know you weren't intimidated by her or that she can't bend you, you have to look her in the eye.

'No matter how scared you feel buddy, you have to face her! And you have me' was what his uncle told him before he came here.

"Then why? Huh?" she shouted and shoved away the cup of tea in front of her, making him flinch. "Prae was so heartbroken! Why would you insult her? You have embarrassed me to no end! You have ruined our partnership with that family!"

"She didn't want me either you stupid woman!" he snapped back, mad at how she was still so fixated on the benefit she'd get. Like that stranger's heartbreak was more important than his entire life? It was always anything that helps her, anything that she wanted, no matter what he, her so called only son wanted or loved, she will make it happen only if it suited her. She loved only herself, no one else. Not even her only son.

Lana's face turned even more dark as she froze for a moment. Then when she spoke, emitting that dark murderous aura that scared even her husband. "Excuse me? What did you just say to your mother Phassakorn?"

"You heard me!" Pick snapped back, not getting intimidated this time. "You want a guy who won't get excited if you had an island full of butt naked women in front of him to marry a girl? Are you that hateful? Why do you want her to have the same fate you had? You were so fixated on getting yourself the Rachatrakul name, you didn't even care if you were ruining both yours and dad's lives! Now you want to do the same to me?"

Lana's mouth opened at his daring statement. Her son had never dared to even raise his head in front of her. She seethed in her place. "He is doing this, isn't he? He is pitting you against me"

"It's always either you or against you" Pick retorted. "You... don't think I don't know that you can't win against him" he smirked and stood up. "But he's not alone now. You can't win against him when he's alone. But you yourself gave him two extra hands"

Lana blinked.

Pick smiled down at her. "You gave him both your sons yourself. He didn't take us, you gave us to him. He didn't even try to pit us against you. He just us our free lives. Too bad, I'm too old for him to adopt. But I'm old enough to decide what I want with my life. I'd want to fall in love and spend my life with someone I choose. I will not end up like my father did, or worse, like you. I want to be someone better, someone more human like. So when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't hate what I get to see. That is what he taught me"

Lana stared at him with eyes so full of hatred. "I'm taking back your car and your credits, and all the money in your account"

"By all means" he shrugged. "Here's the key, hell take the wallet" he put it all on the table in front of her. "You want me to take off my clothes too? No? That would be quite too kind of you"

Lana smirked. "Not so fast. I'll pull back your fee deposit too. And if I've already talked to Porsche's father. You will not get to go anywhere near his place. And I will see that fucker of an uncle of yours, I'll see to it that he doesn't get to revel in his victory too long"