37. Change is Good

"Where the hell are you lost? Don't tell me you fell in love with P'Sharp" Kao chirped, making Rome narrow his eyes.

"You think I carry my heart up my sleeve?"

"Yup!" Kao gave him a bunny smile and got smacked on his shoulder. "Aw... Pete's here"

"Since when he became your personal chauffeur?" Rome mocked him but Kao being Kao just shamelessly grinned.

"Since I became his owner"

Rome shook his head, amused. "Ain't you all happy today? It's refreshing" he pinched Kao's cheek walking out of the building when Kao stop in his tracks seeing the person coming towards them with a girl. His eyes landed on the hands around Pick's arm. But Pick wasn't paying him attention at all, his eyes fixed on Rome.

"Rome..."

"P'Pick! Your friends?" the girl held on to Pick's arm with a look on her face that Kao didn't quite like. "Hi, I'm Prae. I'll be engaged to P'Pick soon"

Kao gaped at a surprised looking Pick as the girl dragged him away. He looked at Rome with a worried expression. Rome looked back at him with a smile. "Let's go polar bear"

.
.

"...away, I need to cry in peace!" Rome joked. He told Kao again and again that he was okay for the kid to leave him alone. He was okay, he didn't feel a thing when Pick walked away from him with a woman, he didn't care.

The house was quiet, mom dad must not be home. He walked upstairs to his room. He didn't care anymore if Pick dated ten girls or went to marry thousand more. He was finally free of that suffocating love he had for that prick.

He walked into his bathroom and opened the shower. He stood under the shower, letting cold water fall over his head. He was quiet while his clothes soaked wet. He could be peaceful and happy again once he moved on. Yeah, sure.

He started sobbing uncontrollably.

Why? Why was he not strong enough to move on? Why was he stuck in his place no matter how much that awful man hurt him or how much he acted like he didn't care? Why the hell God hated him so much? Was he not worth love? Was he that disgusting to l...

Why? Why was he not strong enough to move on? Why was he stuck in his place no matter how much that awful man hurt him or how much he acted like he didn't care? Why the hell God hated him so much? Was he not worth love? Was he that disgusting to love a man? Why can he never make anyone love him?

He cried for God knows how long till the door opened and Emma walked in with a grim look on her face. Rome blinked seeing her and wiped his face.

"Kao called me" she handed him a towel.

=======

Cousins?" Pick gaped at the girl in front of him. Suddenly he had an urge to laugh. The joke is on him. He'd been feeding Din all his fears and insecurities through Rin?

He trusted her, he thought they would atleast be friends, he needed that on his hard road to realization. Someone who didn't know or mock him or judge him. Sadly he was that stupid to think Rin could be that person. Not Porsche, not Pete, he trusted this snake Rin.