68. Road To Recovery (a)

Daniel was busy making calls, talking to his men, then to the company office and then lastly, setting up meetings with some campaign office. Once he was done, he turned to quirk his eyebrows at a frowning Forth.

"What?"

"Is this time for business?" Forth asked in disbelief and the man scoffed, amused.

"Kid, every second of the day is time for business. That's how world works. Even when I'm here talking to you and your uncle is in there, scaring that kid off his shit, we're making money" he said with a smirk. "If we don't do that, there would be someone else doing it, someone else making money and getting power. And that means, we are losing power and that other person, now has the power to crush us"

Forth let out a sigh. "This world is scary"

"Its not when you have people you trust, people you could turn to and relay on when you're down" Daniel patted his arm and walked away, his phone out as he dialed a number.

.
.

The boy named Din, sat on the seat, battered, face sweaty, hand cuffed, yet looking around with an irritatingly calm and unconcerned look on his face, not even bothering to answer the officers' questions. He seemed to be quite sure he'd be out of that place unscratched.

"Are you gonna cooperate? This is a simple open and shut case! Illegal weapon possession, kidnap and assault and murder attempt. And you, mad genius, had the brilliant idea to do it all at campus grounds and in front of a dozen witnesses! The lawyers will be the ones checking legal terms with you but you have a load of evidence against you boy, you'd be facing years in prison with all these serious offenses! The best you can do to help yourself is to cooperate!"

The boy looked up to glare at the man. "Cooperate? Who the hell you think you are?" He sneered. "I didn't do anything wrong. Its not a crime to like someone"

"It is to kidnap or shoot people!" the officer said calmly as he leaned on the table between them. "Or do you not find yourself at fault here?"

Din leaned onto the table as well, sneering up at the man. "Why? What did I do wrong?" He laughed. "They both got what they deserved" then he slumped back with a bored look on his face. "Fuck it! I just wanted to court that bitch! Huh, I just liked him! He didn't have to be a bitch about it! Its not like he wasn't walking around asking for it! He was always running around, chasing after dicks! Hahah, you should've seen him! He has no fucking self respect! So why not me too? I actually fucking liked him! Huh, I can't believe I fell for that whore!  And that bastard Pick! I am a criminal for shooting him? Hahaha... it was a fucking accident! He attacked me! It was self defense!" he laughed out. Then he glared up at the man. "Do you know how he treated me? How he treated Rome? He deserves to die! I'm so glad he's dead!"

The officer sighed. "He's not dead, genius. And you're lucky he isn't. What, someone's rude to you or they reject you, you'd shoot them? Forced yourself on them? Rome's friend testified you have been rejected many times and he himself warned you but you still followed Rome around and harassed him!"

"Oh please, Rome forces himself on about everyone, he doesn't care how many times he gets rejected and I can't do the same to him? Huh, and I am rotting here for shooting Pick? That fucker always harasses Rome! Why didn't he get locked up? Huh? Just fucking shut up!" Din rolled his eyes. "Hey! I'm thirsty! Don't I have rights here? And where the fuck is my lawyer? My father must've heard it all by now! Just wait till I get out and report you mother fuckers! Do you even know who I am?"

The officer let out a sigh and turned helplessly to look at his senior and Yacht. Then he looked back at the boy. "Yeah, we know. You think your father can get you out of this mess? He won't be happy with you. Surely, he'd know this is serious"