30. Mall incidents

Why did he come to the mall with Din you ask him? He himself had no idea. He was out of excuses to give to the guy. He didn't even know exactly why he was avoiding Din. The guy was sweet and harmless and Rome had seen his fare share of bad guys to decide for himself who was bad or not, thank you very much. Big beefy jocks who pick on you just for the fact that they can to those bastards who think they can have you to do whatever they feel like just because you're a disgusting faggot. Yeah why would a 'thing' like him mind if some touched his ass or shoved him against a locker to feel him up. Not to forget the hate and comments and all. 

He still was out of the lucky ones, he strongly believed. Heart break and disappointment wasn't something new to him but he was thankful enough to Emma, P'Eu, Kao and the rest of the good friends he made because of these three to survive a few years of high school in peace. Not all peaceful and happy but still enough. Now compared to all that comes Din. 

How could this guy be harmful? He didn't know the answer to that

How could this guy be harmful? He didn't know the answer to that. He didn't know why he would feel uncomfortable when he actually made great friends with him in the beginning. Just because he wanted to date him? Or was it because Din showed interest in him before he did? Oh how could he forget the humiliation that brought him the first time it happened. And then it was Emma, well Emma is that mother who hates anyone who comes anywhere near her child so it wasn't surprising she hated Din. Then P'Pick...

He stopped his mind right there. The movie was over. He stood up and looked again at the smiling face of the guy beside him. He knows now why he agreed to come with Din and he hates himself for doing that. Just to defy P'Pick, do something he so adamantly wanted him not to. And yeah he didn't have anything else to do as Emma was MIA again, Kao was out there looking for his lost puppy and May... she was not the same cute bubbly girl he knew and loved anymore. He really wanted to know what happened to her before she left. Was it that incident? But she was packed to run away even before that happened. 

"You didn't like the movie?" Din gave him a sad look. It made him feel guilty for not paying him attention. He smiled and shook his head. 

"I'm just tired lately P. Sorry I keep tuning out" Din smiled happily at that.

"Oh no... It's really okay! I understand, you've been down lately. That's actually one of the reasons I asked to hangout" 

Rome cleared his throat. "One of the reasons P?" 

"Yeah we used to hang out all the time back then but then P'Pick hated me, it was embarrassing you know and then you stopped seeing me too" Din bit his lower lip and sighed. "You know just I ended up liking you doesn't mean you have to avoid me"

It made him guilty all over again. "P'Din, I don't hate you or anything like that. I just... it wasn't my intention to make you feel bad P! You know I'm dealing with some crap right now and I... hey you hungry? Let's go eat" he genuinely smiled at Din who looked down.

"You have time to make new friendships but not for me huh..."

Rome narrowed his eyes. "Em... what did you say P?"