55. Traumatic

(WARNING: mature language and mention of triggering events in this chapter)

~~

"NO! NO! LET GO! LET GO OF ME! LET GO!" He shouted hysterically, throwing his hands in the air in a desperate attempt to ward off the many hands that were touching him. "NO! NO... PLEASE... NO!"

"Calm down, please, calm down, sir! You need to calm down!" the doctor tried to calm him as they gave him sedatives to calm him down. Once the boy was asleep, the doctor let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally" he sighed and turned to his junior. "He's beyond terrified. Keep an eye on him, don't leave him alone. But... make sure you don't scare him"

"I will stay with him myself" spoke the tall, serious-looking guy in a blue engineering jacket who walked closer and looked down at the boy with an unreadable expression on his face. "Is he hurt?"

"Not physically" the doctor said. "But I'd need to know his history to know what's really wrong with him. For now, just make sure he has someone beside him who could keep him calm" he said and turned to his junior. "Call for a psychologist when the boy is calm enough" with that he walked out.

Forth sighed when the doctors were out before looking down at the sleeping boy again. He looked so small and vulnerable, just like a scared little baby.

Just like a little Pete who was always scared of dark and needed him and P'Pick to hug him to sleep because both his parents weren't there to do that for him.

Because his mother was fighting her illness and slowly losing to it on a hospital Ned while his dad was too helpless to save her.

Forth blinked. Why did he remember that time all of a sudden? Why did he remember that little Pete?

He sighed again and turned away from the boy, pulling his hand away as well. But Kao grabbed his hand.

"No! Don't!" Kao mumbled in his sleep, terrified when he lost the warmth of Forth's hand. "Phi... P'Beam... Dont leave Kao..."

Forth blinked. He turned back to the boy, face confused on what to do to help.

"Kao-"

"Phi... Phi save me... Phi... P'Beam... save me..." Kao was mumbling and tossing around. Forth sighed and rested his free hand on the boy's cheek.

"I did" he said. "I... I did. Your phi did. I'm not leaving" he went on, not sure what else to say. "I promise, I'm not leaving. And I won't let anyone hurt you"

Kao breathed raggedly but finally calmed down, leaning more into Forth's hand that was on his cheek, but didn't loosen his grip on the hand he was holding.

Forth sighed and leaned against the bed, looking down at the boy with a frown.

Just then the door opened with a loud thud, letting in an out of breath Beam and an equally haggard Pete who both looked down and hurried to the bed, making Forth needing to shush them and jerk his head down at Kao who was fast asleep. They both stared down at the boy with worried eyes, Beam reached forward and touched his brother's eyes that were puffy from crying. Pete looked up at his cousin who was staring at Beam.

"He had a breakdown, doctor's had to sedate him" Forth spoke, feeling Pete's eyes on him. "He's been asking for you in his sleep, Beam"

Beam looked up at him with teary eyes. "What happened? What did you do to him?"

Forth blinked. Then he looked away with a scoff. "Yeah, sure" he said in a low tone so as not to scare Kao but his tone made Pete to look at him again. "Well, since you're here, get him to let go of my hand and I'll be out of here" he said in a voice devoid of emotions and both Beam and Pete finally looked down to find Kao hugging Forth's arm like it was a bolster. Even when Forth tried to move away, Kao clung to him and started mumbling, begging for him to stay.