23. Here Comes the Cousin

If it's hard to understand Pete and Kao, don't sweat much. I don't understand a thing here either.

=========================

(Kao's POV)

I can't be sure what exactly I feel right now, I have trouble breathing. Because ever since that bull followed me into my room, he's been acting weird. And sweet and... weird. And so is my heart.

Now the way he leaned closer to me, that stupid something inside my chest reached mountains. Again. And then that bastard went and said that. Does he even realise what he's saying to me? ME!

He chuckled at my stunned expression. "Not good?" he asked me.

I opened my mouth. Then closed it. I turned back to the laptop and sighed. "Too much sweetness"

"I thought you liked sweet"
I glanced at him and saw him pouting. What the fuck!

I gulped. "Looks to me like you can't find girls anymore if you're desperate enough to flirt with me" Jerk!

He leaned off me, laughing. "You don't like flirting?"

I snorted. "Not if you're practicing it on me jerk face!"

"What if I'm not... practicing" he spoke in a careful voice. I jerked back to look at him.

(Does he plan to kill me here?)

I stared at the screen. "It..." clear throat. " It looks okay, I'll proofread it once... em yeah, looks good"

_No it doesn't you idiot Kao! You might need to redo all the work!
_Shut up stupid brain!!

"You didn't answer me" he spoke again. "What if I really do want more than just flirt? What if I want the real deal with... this person? Then what Kao?"

I blinked again. I know he's looking at me expectantly. I took my time, putting away my laptop. "I would say... you don't exactly have... a good record"

"Because I'm such a jerk?" He sounded hurt.

I lood down. "Ay... you... just broke up with Mint" I spoke in a small voice.

"Because I realised what I felt" he spoke again in a soft voice. "Why would I waste her time like that?"

That made me look at him. Shit! He's looking back at me.

I gulped. "And... now, you are? sure?"

"What if I say I am?" He looked me in the eye.

"I would say you fall in and out of love pretty quick"
I sighed.
"Sounds like someone with commitment issues"

(3rd person POV)

Both boys stared at each. Kao was the one to look down, sad at himself.

Pete chuckled half heartedly. "If that person was you?"

"I won't believe you, I won't want to get hurt" Kao pursed his lips, he kept looking at his hands. "I'll be scared"

Pete nodded. "I won't want to scare you"

"Really?" Kao asked in a small voice. "Then.."

"Hmm I'll just... hold on tight then we'll see" Pete pinched Kao's nose.

"So, how's the peace offering? We good now?"

Kao smiled thinly. "What peace offering bastard? You did it so I would talk to you again?"

"Hmm" __Pete
"Why would you care?" __Kao
"I don't like it when you don't look at me" __Pete
"It was a silly thing" __Kao
"Not to you" __Pete
"It was... nothing" __Kao
"I know. You always call me a bull. Or jerk. I don't mind" __Pete