62. Give Yourself a Break

(This chapter will focus on Emma and Rome. As they are best friends and their dynamics are quite similar. Best friends trying to move on from another pair of best friends but their approaches to do so s totally different

And yes, I know, Emma may not be a character the readers might be keen to read about but I was really stuck on Kao's part so I decided to take a break myself and give out this lighter chapter)

~~

She walked out of the club room after feeding the sheltered animals there. Though the club was not as active a before ever since Pick and Porsche graduated, yet she along with some other guys had managed to keep the place and scheduled dates and times for each of them to feed the animals. They were also trying to get some of those animals adopted as just recently, she herself took in a cat, P'Pick's little brother adopted one too and someone from the engineering had adopted porsche, the dog she'd gotten attached to.

She liked coming to feed these animals. It was her therapy to get over everything that happened around her lately. It only had been a few days since a distressed Rome called her and she, along with May hurried to see their polar bear.

Seeing Kao like that, so weak and broken, it broke her heart all over again. She did not know how long she could keep on surviving. Her parents separating, her brother always interfering with her life and calling her out on her choice for dating Porsche against his wishes, seeing her friends hurt one after another and Porsche...

She still needed to heal herself of the wound. Whenever she thought she was succeeding in moving on from him, something bad happened in her life and she always found herself back there, at that club, with those animals they rescued together, they cared for and loved together and the chain started all over again. She really needed to stop and find herself something else to relax and not let her depression take over.

She let out a deep sigh and since her department wasn't far so she decided to just walk. She didn't even reach halfway yet when suddenly a bicycle rode past her.

"Oh, hello... Beautiful!"

She heard and recognized that annoying voice before she got to see his annoying face.

That fucking quarter ghost!

She folded her arms to shoot her scariest glare to the guy riding the bicycle past her, only to widen her eyes and ending up shouting.

"Hey! Watch out!"

But too late.

"AAGHH!"

BANG

THUD

Emma sighed and shook her head. The idiot fell down with his bicycle. Again!

Served him right! She thought as she made her way towards him.

"Oi... what a bad day... Ae already given me a hard time... now I crashed his cycle again... Ouch!" The guy was wincing and whining, mumbling to himself as he pulled his leg from under the cycle, hissing in pain. Then seeing Emma walk towards him, he hastily clenched his teeth and looked the other way. "Oi, such a face losing moment! She's gonna laugh at me! Ouch!" He whined.

"You deserved that!" She said. "Who ever the hell told you the right way to flirt a girl was to harass her, needs to be committed!" Then seeing him pout, she sighed, the default big sister inside her kicking in. "Are you?" She stopped when the young boy looked up at her.

"Human? Of course! But wait, Ms. Swan doesn't think I'm a human!" He leaned back on the road to give her his signature cocky grin. "I can be a ghost for you!"