12. In Raining Nights

(3rd person POV)

Kao was quiet all the way home. He thanked Pick politely and went inside.

"I didn't say anything to make him sad and we got along pretty well" Pick was looking at the gate. "What suddenly happened?"

(A/n: Really Pick?! Go read the last chapter😁)

Rome didn't look at him to answer. "You asked about his mother. You don't ask Kao about his mother"

"What are you saying. Didn't she like invite you for breakfast yesterday"

"I'm not talking about mom and, you don't need to know everything"

"Fine short fuse I was just saying" he was about to start the car when stopped and moved towards Rome who jumped.

"Chhh...."

"What are you doing?"

Pick glared at him.
"What does it look like I'm doing? How many times do I have to remind you about seatbelts?"

"I can do it" he took the belt out of Pick's hand and hurriedly fastened it. Once done he looked up to see Pick staring at him.

Pick didn't move back. He stayed right there looking at Rome with a serious expression.

"What?"

"Lately you are acting more and more like a hormonal lady. It's annoying"

"Am I? Then why you insist to see me everyday?"

"And why you keep insisting on avoiding me?" He moved closer to Rome. "I thought we--"

"I-isn't that what you liked" Rome shrunk back
"And please.... sit back in your seat. What's the deal with you and cars"

He sighed and placed his forehead over Rome's head.
"That I don't know either"

"P'Pick?"

"Hmmm?"

"We're outside Kao's house"

"Hmmm"

"Don't you dare kiss me"

"Hmmm"

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Resting?!"

"That's not what I mean. Please. Don't do this to me"

"I won't. I won't hurt you"

He got up, held Rome's face.
"Give me time"

"I said don't give me false hope!"
A tear fell from his eyes.

Pick gently wiped his face.
"I said. Give me time"

Rome searched his face for any betrayal but found none. He nodded.

Pick smiled and gently kissed his forehead.

"Hey!!"
"Which part about not kissing you don't understand?"
.
.
.
They didn't notice the tall guy witnessing the whole exchange with a stumped expression.

===========
.

===========