51. An Enraged Kao

Kao felt distorted when he woke up, still feeling the heaviness from the previous events from two nights ago. Beam had kept mum. Just like two nights ago. Not saying a word to defend his surrender to his father, not explaining a thing, not telling anyone a single thing. Though none talked about it, all letting the unfortunate boy be, but they all were feeling his pain and the dreadfulness of the situation.

And Kao still believed it was all his fault.

He felt such anger, rage, and hatred like he never knew even existed. The kind of hatred he always wondered how a person could feel for another human being. And he felt that for him. That bastard Forth!

Sighing, he got out of bed, only to stop hearing the rustling from downstairs. Frowning, he went to wash up before heading down. Reaching the living room, he was welcomed by a warm and welcome sight along with cheerful voices and lively people.

"Be careful with the bowl Pete honey, last time you spilled all the curry over yourself!" mom was calling, somewhere from inside the kitchen obviously.

"Hey, technically, Kao spilled it" Pete laughed as he put the bowl down. "I'm not that clumsy"

"Yeah, not what I heard" Beam laughed.

"Not, at, all!" Gift laughed, setting the table and taking time to pull Sun's hair who was also present, busy eating pancakes.

"Psycho witch!" Sun pouted.

"Heard? What?" Pete exclaimed.

"Well, the long, sweet and slippery tale of the one Pete Phubodin Rachatrakul and his series of misfortunate events" the siblings sang together.

"Huh, it's fun the way Kao explains" Beam sneered.

"With explicit details" May chipped in.

"Hey!" Pete whined. "Be nice! I'm your brother's boyfriend!"

"Probationary boyfriend! Mom didn't agree yet!" Gift reminded him and he turned to give Lyla puppy eyes who laughed.

"Okay, stop messing with him, I'm pretty sure Kao is enough for him to deal with" she told the kids just as she spotted Kao. "Oh, you're up. Finally. Come on now, eat something. I made your favorites"

Kao blinked. He watched as everyone look up at him and Pete walked up to him with a wide smile.

"Hey" he said softly and an automatic smile appeared on Kao's face. Pete grinned brightly and held his hand. "Come on. I helped too"

"Yeah? Then why are they all eating? They should run" Kao joked as he let Pete lead him to the table.

"Huh, bastard. Come on, sit with everyone, they're trying" Pete whispered to him and he nodded.

"Why are you all ganging up on my Pete?" he asked his siblings in a spoiled tone. "Only I can bully him!" he said and the three of them booed him.

"Oh, please!" Beam smacked his head.

"My Pete, he says!!" May huffed.

"Kuma is a gone case!" Gift sighed.

"Okay, stop. Eat! You are already late for class" Kim spoke. "Who wants tea?"

"Me"__Beam
"Me"__Kao
"Me"__Gift
"I'll have coffee"__May

"Make it yourself" Kim made a face at the girl, teasing her. Then laughed and patted her head when she pouted.

"Here's your coffee" Spoke a tall man who walked out of the kitchen with two mugs of coffee, smiling kindly at the girl. "You should know by now, this family doesn't do coffee"