36. Going on in Circles

"Hello mother" Pick was yet to fully wake up when he received the call.

"What is it that I'm hearing? Where is Sun?" A cold voice answered. No greeting, no asking how he's doing. "Why the hell did I not hear it from you?"

"It's not like we're tight mom, talking and missing each other all day long" Pick rolled his eyes. "You've been to Korea for over a month and now you're checking in for the first time and this is what bothers you more? You left the kid here all alone, uncle Yacht took him in. He's in Chiang Mai now with uncle"

Lana went quiet for a long time.

"And I'm okay, in case you wonder" Pick went on.

"Huh... I didn't think you still needed cuddling Phassakorn" she said coldly. "Get off that bed, now and get ready. You need to pick my friend's daughter from airport, she's staying over for a week in Bangkok. I sent you the details already. Make sure you give her all your time and whatever else that she might need. Do not embarrass me in front of her family, they're halabeoji's important business associates, do not fuck it up!" Lana said in a stern tone that left no space for Pick to refuse or even complain. He didn't have that right.

He sighed, sitting up straight. "Got it mother" he cut the call and looked at the details his mother sent along with pictures.

.
.

"Aaahh.. you must be Pick, I thought you were supposed to look for me, not the other way around. Still nice meeting you" the girl held his hand to shake it herself. He looked her up and down, daughter of important associates?

You could call her cute, hot even with the way she carried herself but surely not like an heiress of Koreann chaebol

You could call her cute, hot even with the way she carried herself but surely not like an heiress of Koreann chaebol. How did his mother let a girl who traveled dressed like that to be all alone with him for a whole week if she was from an important family? Did she trust him that much?

"P-prae?"

=========

"...only you can help me Kao"

Kao turned to regard the girl with narrowed eyes. Before he could answer her, he got interrupted by a squealing monkey who jumped on his back.

"The fuck!" Kao exclaimed. "P'Shorty you fool!"

"Bitch! You're so rude Kao" Rome giggled. "I still live you though.

"Is he high?" Kao raised his eyebrows at Emma.

Emma didn't answer as both her and May eyed the girl standing beside Kao.

"Your friend?" Emma asked with authority. Kao shook his head. "Hm.. then move!" She told Mint scarily. Mint looked at Kao but Kao didn't bother with her. He was busy fending off Rome who clung to him tightly, even wrapped his legs around Kao's torso. Besides, the cousins are cruel.

"Can we talk another time Kao?" Mint asked desperately.

"Why? You gonna confess to him? He's taken, go away!" May barked, scaring Mint.