40. Brewing Storm

Earlier that day..

"Oh! P'Forth!" Kao stopped abruptly seeing Forth in front of him.

"Hey" Forth said with a slight smirk. "Phun asked me to take you with me. Let's go" and he walked away without waiting for an answer. Kao sighed and followed him, quickly texting to Thada.

"You can ride on bike right?" Forth handed him a spare helmet.

Kao huffed. "Who do you think I am phi, a kid? Just let's go already!" he made himself comfortable in the back. Forth smirked at the boy's cute action.

.
.

Pete was calling him. Biting his lower lip, he put the phone in his bag and got off the bike. He can't even make himself to look at Pete, let alone talk to him. Not after what happened two nights ago. "I just need to get the equipment from P'Phun, I'll be right back" Kao spoke so fast while hurrying to away from the bike like spending one extra second with Forth wasn't affordable for him. It was kinda true.

That night, the last time he saw Forth, the older boy really scared him. He was just like one of them. He could feel it in his heart. He had realized what that man wanted from him and he was scared of that. He was scared of people like Forth. Every second around Forth and his predatory stance, reminded him of his worst demons. But since he couldn't find any subtle excuse to avoid him now, he texted Thada to get him from the auditorium. And as soon as they reached the photography, he got off and ran with the helmet still on his head.

Forth watched him leave with an icy stare. He knew the boy was very successfully avoiding him since the night he told him he liked him. He even had the gut to avoid his call and not reply to his message.

"You have gut, but you still are a kid.." left side of his lips curled up into a smirk seeing the phone that Kao had hastily shoved in his bag still shown. "We'll see.." he picked it up in time to see Pete call again and received it.

"Hey.. cousin"

Pete froze for a second hearing that familiar deep voice he hated so much. He clenched his hands around the steering wheel. "Give Kao his phone back" he said menacingly and Forth chuckled.

"Aww cousin.. don't act this cute now"

"Put. Kao. On the phone. Now" Pete gritted his teeth.

He was mad. Too bad, Forth had already seen his missed calls. "One might think if a person is not attending your calls, they either might not want to or they are too busy to bother with you" he smirked again hearing only silence from the other side. "But, being your big brother, I'd ask him to talk to you but he went to the restroom"

"And you answered his phone for him?" Forth could hear Pete grit his teeth through the phone.

"I'm not that ill mannered little brother, he left his phone with me. Now be a good boy and don't bother our.. business. He'll call you later, that's.. if he has time or stamina to" he cut the call.

Pete stared at the phone for a long time before throwing it on the passenger seat and banging his hands on the steering wheel repeatedly.

"Damn it! Damn it! Damn it Kao!" He sighed heavily, trying hard to calm himself but failed miserably.