11. Catch-22

Fasten your seatbelts. The next two chapters might give you some sugar.

Warning: slight mention of bullying and homophobia. Not intended to hurt anyone. But still I apologise.

.
.
.
========

(Pete's POV)

Thada and I sit there mirroring each other's face.

(What the hell happened to Kao?)

"Soooo, which one of you?" The shorty inquired.

Thada was the one to recover first.
"What.... we don't understand"

"Kao is the sweetest of all sweets, he might be a little crazy sometimes..... but genuinely--" he got off track again.
"Well, anyway.... see he won't go all terminator on you guy unless he thought atleast one of you is homophobic"

(OH CRAP!! no, no, no, noooo! Pete you moron!)

Ofcourse. His sudden behaviour split wasn't for us, it was for me!!
.
.
Flashback====

We all looked quietly at the guy sitting in front of us.

(I must say he is.... well, unique!)

Not only did he manhandle Kao who's twice his size, he also managed to announce his sexuality and all other life problems to three total strangers, in just one breath.

I turned to look at Kao who just stared back at him with an unreadable expression which is strange!

(Kao is so easy to read)

"What do you mean by letting him in your life?"

"Oh you know, people may or may not have warned me, I may have ignored it, made friends, now I don't wanna admit they were right and he won't take a hint. I brush him off, he keeps pushing on..." He just casually rolled his eyes but one look at Kao's face, he instantly gulped, scratching his neck. "Ehh... em... that kind of... creep"

(He's scared of... Kao?!)

He looked like now he regrets opening his mouth. But Kao just sighed and got up.

"Padthai or guayteow?"

Just that and his face lit up like a puppy.
"Padthai and milk tea"

(Come on dude he's just getting you food, not like he's offering himself to you 🙄🙄)

He nodded to walk away but stopped. What he did next made me jump.

(I guess he noticed us staring at the new guy)

He slammed both his hands on the table.

"Okay, I'm gonna leave my friend to sit here. If any of you has a problem sitting here with him, LEAVE! now...."

He said every word clearly. He wasn't looking up so I couldn't see his eyes but he sounded angry.

(Wha.... what did we do?")

"KAO!!"

"Shut up P'!"

The boy covered back. I looked at Thada 'cause you know, he's the wise one but we were surprised when it was June who answered.

"No. We. Don't" he looked at Kao and slightly nodded making him relax. "Hey idiot! we sit with Pete, all day and don't mind. Atleast P' is fun"

(That bastard!😡😡)

"Go away Kao, I need to spill some secrets to your friends"

End of flashback===
.
.

(3rd person POV)