Chapter 17: Love

Lyssa's POV

"Your on punishment." MY mother said that next morning, she was standing in front of the both of us with her arms crossed her eyebrow raised as high as it could go, and a smirk plastered across her face. Rashad and i just sat there, not really knowing exactly what to say. Daddy stood next to her and he didn't look happy at all."That means, no TV, no play room, no designing studio, no video games, no outside, and no phone. Do you understand that?"

I nodded. But still couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with her.

"You might as well just stay in your rooms and not come out only to eat, pee, and Sh-"

"Liyah..."Daddy said in a warning tone, he placed his hand over her shoulder. Usually when Daddy cuts off Moms sentence that means he didn't want her to say what he was about to say. I rarely hear him do but most of the time it's when Mom is mad or something, and at the moment, she looked really mad.

She rolled her eyes."Don't you Liyah me, I have every right to say what I was about to say."

Daddy's corner of his mouth curled up, he was trying to hold back a smile."No, no you don't"

Mom groaned."Lyssa, what were you doing up anyway?"

I looked up at her."I couldn't sleep."I said.

"Mmmhmm, and that gave you the right to be snooping around like that?"

"Well, Rashad shouldn't have been on the phone in the first place."Daddy said before I could even answer.

"That still don't give her the right to be eavesdropping."

"I know, and I'm very disappointed in her for doing that."He was looking at me now. I hated it when I disappointed my dad, it made me feel so bad, people always told me that I acted so much like my mom so it really wasn't no big deal for me to make her proud because I always knew she would be. But, my daddy was different. I was sort of that Daddy's little girl, and whatever I did, I wanted to make her proud, whether it was telling him about a new word that I had added to my list, or showing him an A that I made in homeschooling, or just a simple design I did. I wanted to be sure he was proud of me. It just pained my to my soul to have him be disappointed in me.

"Who were you on the phone with anyway?"Mom asked Rashad.

"Uh-My Chemistry Tutor."

Mom raised her eyebrow."Your Chemistry tutor?"I could tell by the sound of her voice that she did not believe him one bit.

Rashad nodded."Yes, my chemistry tutor."

"Oh really, and why can't your,"She held up her fingers doing the quoting signs."Chemistry tutor, tutor you when you get home from school?"

"Because, he has to work after he get's out of school."he said.

I raised my eyebrow at him because I knew he was lying.

"Well, I want to meet this Chemistry tutor of yours."

"I can do that."He said quickly/

"Very well then, your on punishment for two weeks and as for you young lady,"She said turning to me. I braced myself for what she was about to tell me."I'm going to let your father decide how long you should stay on punishment."

Just at that moment my heart started pounding. I didn't like her decision, I would rather have her decide how long, but not my daddy.

Just then our maid Beth walked in rolling a suitcase behind her. She handed it to my mom. I knew then that mom had to go on a business trip, I wondered how long that one was going to last. "I packed everything that you've requested, and Mr. Jackson I'm starting on yours."She said. That mean't Daddy was leaving too.