Chapter 28: Unexpected Guess

I stared at him long and hard, I could feel my face turning beet red, Michael looked worried, as if he wanted to get up and take me down from there. I took a deep breath and and let it out slowly."Why do you have those?"I asked through my teeth.

"It's considered evidence."

"How is that evidence?"I asked.

"Well, if there's something private, with private information inside, then we would like to have it."

I smirked."And did you find anything inside of it that you were looking for?"I asked sarcastically.

"Unfortunately no, we did not, but we have found out a lot of things about you, and your relationship with Michael and your mother."He said with an evil smile on his face.

"What does my mother have to do with this?"I asked.

He shook his head."She doesn't."

"So what's your point?"

"I don't have a point pertaining to your mother, although I'm sure a lot of people would love to know that she was an addict and committed suicide. Tell Mrs. Jackson, what is it like knowing your mother was an addict and then your husband used to be one too?

Kiara jumped out her seat"OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!!!!" She said aggressively."That has nothing to do with this trial and it's not any of his damn business!!!"

"Sustained."The Judge said calmly. As if he didn't notice that Kiara was getting heated."Please stay on the subject."

He gave me a cold stare."Yes sir."He said without even taking his eyes off of me."Mrs. Jackson, I read in an entry of your diary, on that was back in the summer of 1975, you didn't do much writing then so you should know what I'm talking when you see this."He walked up to me and placed the journal on the Podium.

I raised my eyebrow suspiciously but looked down at it looking at my hand writing.

Dear Journal,

      Okay, I know Michael is my best friend and we have been friends for six years, but there are still somethings that I don't understand about him. Like, why he is so comfortable around kids. It's like he's obsessed with them or something. But as I think about it, I see that I'm asking questions about him but I never took the time to ask. The thing is, I don't hurt his feelings or anything he can be really sensitive sometimes. Maybe I should, i'm afraid of how he may end up in the future.

Aaliyah

July 17, 1975.

I had completely forgotten about how judgmental I was back then, I had forgotten about that entry all together and here it is in black and white, I realized at one point in my life I didn't understand my own husband. I looked up at him he was staring back at me with questions feeling his dark brown eyes. I hated when he had that look on his face, it always made me weak, I turned my attention back to the attorney who had a huge smile stretched across his face. "I was on sixteen then, there was a lot of things I didn't understand."I explained.

"So you didn't understand your own husband?"He asked in protest.

I shook my head."Not at that point, but I do now."

"So you still don't think he's obsessed with kids?"

I hated him for saying that out loud, I could feel Michael's eyes on me, It took everything in me to keep me from making eye contact with him. I kept my pokerface on."No, I don't. "

"But you did then."

"I was sixteen."

"Is that your excuse Mrs. Jackson? All this time you said you understand him you understand why he's the way he is and yet here you are saying that he's obsessed."

"That was a long time ago, there was a lot of things we didn't understand about each other, but now we do."I argued back.

"So you mean to tell me that it's okay for him to be obsessed with kids?"He asked.

I slammed my hand on the hard wood,"He's not obsessed with kids, he just loves them."I said, then clamped my hand over my mouth. The words just slithered out of mouth, I didn't mean to say that.

"He loves them?"He asked, he had the biggest grin on his face.

I sat there then soon I found myself nodding."Yes, he loves them, he's always loved kids. And there isn't anything wrong with that."

He raised his eyebrow at me."Oh really?"He asked, as if it was so hard to believe."So you mean to tell me that it's okay to give a minor alcohol and allow them to look at naked woman-"
"You have no evidence to prove that!"

"Objection You Honor, he is insulting my clients wife."Kiara said at the same time.

"Sustained, Mrs. Jackson that will be all for you, you may step down, Call the next witness."he said.

I sighed in relief and stood up from the steps, The security guard helped me down from podium. As I walked passed Michael's table he gave me hard stare that I dreaded for him to give me. It was the one that said.' We seriously need to talk ' and when he gave me that look, it meant an argument would be followed behind. I just looked ahead and made my way to the seats where Janet and La Toya was sitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alyssa's POV

Mom and Daddy just got home, and it's the same routine, they say hello to us give us our hugs and listen to how our days have gone and then they go in their room and do one or to things: Argue or have a long talk about the court session. Daddy has been very depressed lately, so has mom, but Mom is seven months pregnant. With another girl to be exact. She's been preparing, and going to court every morning leaving us with Beth. I wanted to know what was going in that court room but my curiosity had gotten me in enough trouble, Daddy punished me for what I did a few months back and we had a long talk about it. Of course he told me that he was disappointed. And of course I hated it.

I was sitting at the table drawing some designs just because I was bored and I didn't want to be in there with my brother and sisters. I wanted peace and quiet but it didn't help because I could hear Mom and Daddy arguing upstairs. This house was to small for this family, Mom had also been trying to look for a house but then decided to wait til they had to stop going to court before she actually started doing some real house hunting. Me personally, I didn't want to move, I didn't want to be in the house we were in. I wanted to be back at Neverland with all the rides and where we had so many memories. I wanted everything to go back to normal, back to the way they were. But something told me that everything would probably ever get back to normal.

I sighed and began sketching the dress details, and suddenly the door bell ranged. I got down from the chair knowing I was gonna have to be the one to answer the door. I walked down the shor hall way to the main entrance."Who is it?"I asked. Mom always told me to ask who it was before answering the door.

"It's an old friend."I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was a grown man.

I opened the door to find a tall man with jet black hair and green eyes. He was skinny and was wearing some jeans and a shirt. He didn't seem to be any friend of my moms or my Daddy's not ever Rashad's."Can I help you?"

"Is your mother home?"He asked.

"She is, may I ask why your here?"

He chuckled."Is it okay if I speak to her about something."

I put my hands on my hips."I don't know,  it depends on what your wanting to speak with her about."I said.

He chuckled again.

I raised my eyebrow."What's so funny?"I asked.

"Nothing, it's just you act just like your mother."

I gave him a confused look."What do you-"

"Lyssa, who's at the d-"My mom stopped in her tracks and stared at the man as if she couldn't believe it was who he was. Whoever he was. Her green eyes mixed with confusion, astonishment, and shock. She ran her fingers through her curly hair. As she took a few more steps closer.

"Jordie?"