Chapter 19: Bring Him Back

It's all their talking about on the news.

King Of Pop, Michael Jackson Arrested On Second Child Molestation Charges!

Wacko Arrested!

Jacko Arrested!

I'm so speechless that all I can do is watch, I held the phone back up to my ear to see if Tom was still there. He was. He was saying my name."Aaliyah, Aaliyah, are you still there?"But I still couldn't answer, it was like my tongue was glued to the roof of my mouth. I swallowed the lump growing I'm my throat."Mrs. Jackson?"Tom asked again.

"I-I'm here."I croaked. I didn't even want to know what I sounded like to him."Explain. Please."

He sighed loudly into the phone."The Santa Barbara County Jail and DCFS has came up with the conclusion that Michael did molest Gavin."He said.

I made a face."Well I know that, But how did they come up with that conclusion? What evidence did they have? How are they-"

"Aaliyah. Please, I only know so much now, but there was a arrest warrant pressed on him and the Las Vegas police department was notified of it, and they arrested him there, and brought him back to Santa Barbara."

"This is so stupid."I said as I buried my face in my hands."Wait a minute, he's in Jail, Michael doesn't need to be there, he's probably scared to death, I have to get him out there."

"That's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about."He said."The bail is for three million dollars."

I shot up."THREE MILLION?!"

"Yes."

"He didn't do anything wrong, a murderer get's a bail for one million, but Michael Jackson get's it for three, yeah that makes perfect sense."I said sarcastically.

"I know it doesn't make any sense, but unless you pay the three million he's just going to have to sit there."

"Wow, you sound concerned."

"Look, I know your frustrated but that sarcasm isn't going to get us anywhere."He said.

I rolled my eyes."Whatever, fuck my sarcasm, I'm coming home today and I'm getting him out of there."I said as I grabbed my suitcase.

"There aren't going to be any planes leaving from Florida until tomorrow."

"Well send me a private one then!"

"You don't understand, The Jail doesn't take any bails into tomorrow."

"And I understand that, that is why I want to go home and I want to be there first thing in the morning."I wasn't going to let him sit there, I hated the fact that I couldn't go get him out of there right at that moment.

He let out a long sigh, finally giving in."Okay, I'll get one there over there in a half an hour."He said."But there's one more thing you should know."

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to know what he was going to say."What..."

"Police got a search warrant from the Judge-"

"Oh God.."I groaned."Don't tell me."

"I had Beth move the kids to the beach house in Santa Barbara."

"Great!, now I have to figure out how to answer questions they're going to ask me."

"Who?"

"The kids, dummy."I rolled my eyes."Look I'm about to start packing so call me when the plane lands."

"Okay."he said.

I hung up the phone and plopped back down on the bed, burying my hands in my face once again. I knew it was coming, I had the feeling, I just was in denial about I guess. I just hoped that it wasn't going to happen, now he was in jail and I had to take three million dollars out of our account to get him out. This was what I called spending money unnecessarily. Michael didn't touch Gavin and now he's in jail and I had to pay for a lie. That's what I hated about it. I was the type of person who liked saving money and not using it unless it's absolutely necessary, not that bailing Michael out wasn't necessary, the fact that Michael didn't do it and the fact that he was in jail over something he did not do was what pissed me off.