Chapter 46: Fifty

I was standing in the kitchen with Melanie sitting on the counter. She had scraped her knee up badly from running around outside after it had rained. All my kids new that I didn't like them running outside after it rained because the grass and the concrete was just to slippery for them to. But Melanie, being the hard headed sassy little girl she was disobeyed the rules and suffered the consequences.

"Momma do think Madam Lorell is still going to let me have ballet practice?" she asked as she watched me clean the wound up.

"I don't know." I said with a sigh."It depends on how bad it is." Melanie was one of my kids who loved to dance she wanted to do ballet at the age of four so I enrolled her in some classes. Now she she's at the top of the class at just five years old.

"Do you think Daddy will let me? " She asked.

I shrugged."You'll have to have him take a look at it when he gets home from his business trip."

"Is Daddy starting to sing for his fans again? "

"Yes, baby."

"Momma? "

"Hmmm?"

"How come you don't sing any more for your fans? "She asked curiously.

I sighed. This girl could ask you questions all day if she wanted to."Because, baby, I wanted to be at home with the kids while Daddy was still touring and making albums."

"But why didn't Daddy do it to?"

"If I told you, Melanie, you wouldn't understand."

"Momma, I told you to call me Skylar, I don't like Melanie."

I rolled my eyes."Okay, whatever baby if you want to go by your middle name then that's fine."I said as I reached in the first aid kit and pulled out a big band aid.

"Mommy when I get older can I get my hair cut? "

I looked up at her with my eyebrow raised."I thoughts you liked your long hair."

"I do but I think short hair is much more cooler." She said, smiling and showing her deep dimples on both sides of her cheeks.

"I don't know, we'll see. But you know your gonna have to ask your Daddy about that, right? "

"Ask Daddy about what? " I heard an all to familiar voice say. I looked up to see Michael walking in with a big smile on his face.

"Daddy! " She squealed her hazel brown eyes just lighting up.

"Hold on, I'm not done yet!" I said holding her down.

Michael chuckled and bend down to hug her." Hows my baby girl? "He asked.

"I'm good."

He turned to me."And How's my Liyah?"He asked before leaning in and kissing me.

"I'm good, I can't complain."

Michael looked down at Melanie's knee."Now what happened here, Skylar? "

"Well I was running and I fell and scrapped both my knees." She said.

He gave her a disappointing look."Sky, you know what the rules are around here, why was you running."

"Because I didn't think it was that wet, so I went out to kick the ball around."

"Next time I hear about it, I'm taking you out of ballet lessons for a week and you will be grounded."

"But Da-"

"Melanie, mind your father."I said.

She dropped her head down."Yes ma'am."

Michael turned to me."When your finished I want to talk to you."

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I said as Began dabbing at her wound on her other knee.

He kissed me on the cheek then walked out the room.

I took my time finishing up on Skylar, I knew one thing from all the many years that I have known Michael. When he says we needed to talk about something it meant two or three things: One it had something to do with him asking me to do something that he knows I'm not going to like. Two, it had something to do with him telling me about how I was right about something. Or three, he's gonna tell me about something that I know for a fact I'm gonna disagree on.

When I finished with her, I made her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and told her to go play with her toys until Lyssa got home from school.

When I made it to our bedroom Michael unpacking his clothes, putting dirty ones in the hamper in the closet and clean ones folded neatly in his drawers he looked up at me when he noticed my presence. "So how'd the announcement go?"I asked.

"It went well, I think the fans will love it." He said.

I nodded."So, what did you want to talk to me about? " I asked.

He sighed." Can you please explain to me how the hell you do what you do? "

"What are you talking about?"I asked. I was utterly confused.

"How do you know when people are just gonna use you or me?"

My face fell and I walked up to him."What are they trying to make you do? "

"They added to the shows."he said softly.

I looked at him."How many are they making you do? "

"Fifty."