Chapter 18: He's In...

One of the most important things I had to go to during my long business trip is a party, celebrating some of the Artist that I made stars with my record company. Those artist were: Karina Pasian, Leona Lewis, Pussy Cat Dolls, Cherish, and a lot More others. I stood in front of the building waiting for my name to be announced for my big entrance and I began wondering what the kids and Michael was doing at that moment. They called me everyday pretty much but I still hated that I had to be away from them so long. Michael was still in Las Vegas working on his music video One More Chance and was suppose to be at him that next day. Surprisingly the investigation wasn't on my mind at all, nether was Janet, or Stephanie or whatever her name was suppose to be. My mind was mostly on my family and work, nothing more then that I was glad to. I guess I had stopped worrying about all that drama that had been slowly unfolding for the past few months. That was a good thing. Right?

"Everyone welcome the Mother, and the Boss of LeRenee's Productions. Mrs. Aaliyah Haughton-Jackson!"the announcer said.

I smiled and began walking out towards the stage where everyone was staring at me. I took the Microphone from my assistant Nala and stood centered staged."Hows everybody doing tonight?"I asked. they all responded with a Yes! or a Fine! "Tonight honors the amazing talents that have brought themselves to LeRenee's Productions, to show how much we think them, and most importantly thank the person who inspired me to to open this business.My Mother Leah Renee' Haughton, she will always be in all of our hearts. Now, I want you guys to have fun drink all the Wine and Scotch you possibly can and don't trash the place because I'm paying for it by the hour."Everyone laughed."Thank you."I said and handed the Microphone back to Nala. I walked down the stage and began talking to everyone. well more like having people asking me questions I honestly didn't want to answer. But I kept a smile on my face and answered them. Then I had to sit down and watch the artists sing songs as well as the new artists who were just signed to the company. I had to admit, although my job was kind of stressing I was pleased with what I had created. The artist were pretty big and all the people I worked around was helpful, although half the time they didn't really know what they were doing, well actually they did, but they just didn't do the things the way I wanted it to be done. I got that from Mr. Perfectionist. Michael. I guess that's what I get for being around him for thirty four years.

The party was over in about two hours, and I was walking around telling everyone goodbye when I was paying attention and I ran into somebody. "I'm so sorry."I said when I bumped into her.

"Aaliyah?"

I looked up to see Lisa, my old assistant from when i was in show business standing in front of me."Lisa?"

"Yeah girl it's me, Look at you, you look amazing."

"Same for you."And she did, she had on a short red dress that showed off her curves, black high heels, and her hair was up in a bun.

"Oh my God, I thought I'd never see you again when you dropped from the Label. How's everything I heard you and Michael have like ten kids.now."

I laughed at her exaggeration."No we have eight, three of them are hours, two is his, two is adopted and one is my great nephew."

"Wait you mean to tell me, you had three kids and you manage to keep your body like that, you have to tell me your secret."

I laughed."Dancing, and Making love, the best exercise ever."Lisa was like a sister to me and we talked about pretty much anything and ever thing back when we were working together.

"Making Love?"She asked, shocked."What are you now, like, forty four now."

"Sssh, don't say it out loud, I can still pass as twenty four, for the people how don't know who I am."

She smirked."How can anybody not know who Aaliyah is I mean you were right next to Michael with both your careers, nobody could touch you guys in the late sixties, seventies, eighties and early nineties. It wasn't possible."

"That's true."I said.

"Girl when i heard your name I wasn't sure if it was the right Aaliyah,I mean I hadn't seen or spoken to you in like, forever,and I would love to see your kids. You and Michael still live in Neverland?"

"Yes, we do."I said.

"Wow, I need to go there to."

"Well, I'll give you my number so you can call, where are you living now?"I asked.

"I'm actually moving to Santa Barbara, I'm Leona's assistant and personal secretary now."

My eyes widened."Wow, Lisa, you think you can keep up with that?"I asked, getting sarcastic but in a playful way."You could barely keep up with my job."

She laughed."Don't play with me Aaliyah, you know I can do it."

I laughed."I know, I'm just messing with you." I hugged her and wrote my number down on a napkin so that she could call me when I got home. After we said our goodbyes I went back to the limo and went back to the hotel.

When I got back my phone was literally buzzing off the night stand.I didn't even know I had left it at home.  I went over to it to see that it was Tom calling, which mean't it was very important."hello?"i asked.

"Why haven't you been picking up the phone??"He asked in a calm but rude tone.

I made a disgusted look."I was expecting maybe a Hey, How you doing sort of thing."I said sarcastically.

"Aaliyah, this is no time for sarcasm."That sounded weird coming from his mouth considering the fact that Michael was the only one who hated my sarcasm.

"I'm sorry, what's going on?"I asked.

"It's Michael."he said, I could that he was worried. I didn't know of what, I just knew that he was worried.

"What about him."He began to worry me to. There's was a lot of things going through my mind at that point: Is he Dead? Did he get hurt? Is he in trouble? What the hell going on.

"He's been......he's in..."

"He's in what?!"

"MIchael's been arrested, he's in jail!"

I slowly brought the phone back from my ear, I could not believe what I had just heard.