Chapter 31: Fear

Things only got worst after the fire, there were more argument's, more confusion. The only thing that lit everything us for us was the birth of my daughter a month later. Her name is Melonie Skylar Jackson she was born on September 18, and everything was alright for about a week but then it just went back to normal, Michael ignoring me, the arguments when we do talk, the mystery of who burned down the ranch, the trial. My whole world was being suffocated by those things and it didn't make it any better that I was searching for a new house and I had nine kids to take care of now. The stress was killing and the fact that I was doing it alone was even worst.

"Michael, hurry up we're gonna be late!" I said, he was still the bathroom and I was already dressed in a gray suit with a pink satin top under jacket part and pick pumps to match. He was taking longer then I did in the bathroom which was odd. He didn't answer me. I sighed and walked to the bathroom and tried to open it but it was locked, so I knocked."Michael, you know the judge said you don't need to be late again, now unless you want him to well at you again you need to come on!"

"I'm coming, Liyah."I heard him say softly from the other side.

"Well, hurry up!"I stood by the door and waited patiently for him to open the door. I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing in there that was taking him so long. I know it didn't take Michael long to shower put on a suit and fix his hair, he didn't like being in the bathroom for too long. I decided not to think about it. I had other things to be worried about. Like the fact that Michael and I both had to get on the witness stand today and get asked some personal questions that really didn't have anything to do with what had been going on. I hated doing that because when it's for cross examination, I am known to lose my peace and get smart with the lawyer and judge. And Kiara said I shouldn't disrespect the judge. The thing about it is, the Judge is rude as hell and every time he gets smart with me or Michael I get flush red and my blood pressure starts rising. I have to keep my blood pressure down because I can't take the pills to court, that's just unprofessional in so many levels.

Michael was finally out three minutes later in a black suit and red tie. His black hair down at his shoulders, I looked him in his deep brown his, it was filled with sadness, concern, hurt pain, I saw no love. I sighed and caressed his cheek with my thumb."Are you ready?"I asked as I removed the pieces of hair from his face.

He nodded."I am."

I began straightening his tie"Just remember if they ask you a question that's uncomfortable to answer just look at me."

He nodded again."I remember."

That's all he ever said to me those days was two words. The only time we had a full conversation was when we were arguing."Okay let's go."

When we got to the court house all you could see was fans everywhere holding up signs screaming and fainting, and the media with it's camera's and News crews as our van pulled up in front of the court house. We waited for John and Jeff, our bodyguards stood in front of the car and opened the door for Michael and I to get out. Michael helped me out of the car and he we started walking towards the court room not making eye contact with anyone. That's how we did everyday just about, we never made eye contact, never answered any of the questions that was being asked. When we made it inside and went through security Kiara met us at the door. She didn't smile she didn't give us one of those crazy facial expression she said simply raised her eyebrow."Well, for once your on time."She said.

"What's going on with you Kiara?"I asked, I knew something was wrong with her, she just didn't seem right.

She sighed."No time to explain, we have to go through three hours of court today."She said she opened the court room doors, Michael followed behind her leaving me alone with John.