Chapter 37: Heart Beats

It seems like nothing ever fazes me anymore, it's weird. The thing with Michael and the drugs, didn't faze me. The fact that there are a lot of people saying things about him now, doesn't faze me. The fact that I'm sitting in a hospital waiting to here if one of my loved ones is alive or dead, doesn't faze me. I guess it's because I have gone through so much in my life and it seems like time is repeating itself over and over again for me. All I knew is that I had no room to be scared out of my mind like Keisha, Trey, and Susanne was, something just told me not to stress myself over it.

Michael was there by my side holding my hand as we waited to here the news, his expression was as always, blank. But he comforted me in way. I could feel it, by the way he was holding my hand and the way he positioned himself near me, I knew that he was comforting me. To me it was quiet no one was speaking the all was just sitting there with worried expressions upon their faces. No one new what to say, but I know the same question was running through their heads as mine. How in the hell did Kiara slide off the road and have her car flip over two times and land on it's back? and  What was going through her mind that caused it to happen? Kiara was crazy as hell but one thing I knew about her was that she was the safest driver I had ever known, so only a distraction would cause something like this to happen. Then her words came to my mind.

I think that trey isn't being faithful in our relationship.

Kiara had seemed so upset by that little thought that she had that she probably was thinking about it when she had the car wreck, which mean't that she and Trey had to have gotten into some kind of argument. I looked over at trey who was hunched over with his face buried in his hand. Without thinking I stood up and walked over to him."Trey, do you have any idea how this might have happen?"I asked.

He looked up at me, his eyebrows frowning."What do you mean?"he asked.

"Kiara told me the last time I talked to her that she thought you were having an affair, did-"

"Aaliyah!" Susanne exclaimed.

I ignored her."Did that have anything to do with that car wreck? Tell me the truth, Trey."

"What do you want know?"He asked as if he wasn't comprehending what I was asking.

"I want to know the truth, not part of it, not some of it, I want the whole thing."I said crossing my arms across my chest.

He looked down to the floor then sighed loudly."We had this argument about my ex again,"he began softly."And then she kept asking me over and over again if I slept with her and I didn't want to hurt her so she just grabbed her purse and her keys and left. I had know-"

"You did, didn't you?"I asked in a faint whisper.

He just looked up at me then dropped his head."Yes..."

"Oh...My....God...."I said through my teeth."What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Liyah, calm down."Michael said as he stood up and took my arm trying to get me to calm down.

"Do you have any idea, what could happen to her?"I asked ignoring Michael."Do you know that she could die, what the hell, Trey. I thought you were better then that."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry okay."

"Yeah your sorry alright, your a sorry excuse for a man for doing this."I said.

"Look, don't you think I'm dealing with enough."

"Do you know what could happen to those kids if something happens to their mother, huh? Did you ever think about that? What of she dies, those kids are gonna have to go through their whole life wondering what happened to their mother and your not gonna want to tell them because your too embarrassed to admit that you cheated on your wife, yeah your the sorriest muther fucker I've ever seen."

"Liyah..."

"Don't you Liyah me, I have every right to be talking to him like this."

"Aaliyah, give the man a break okay."Susanne said.

I rolled my eyes."My cousin and best friend is on a thin line of dieing and your talking about giving him a break? Wow, hmmm, that makes perfect sense."I said sarcastically then sat down in the chair.

"Aaliyah's right, Trey shouldn't have been cheating on her, you know how sensitive Kiara is about that,"Keisha said quietly."But right now is not the time to be arguing about who's fault it is, what we need to focus on is whether or not she's okay."

"I only cheated once."Trey mumbled under his breath.

"Yeah one to many times."I replied.

"Liyah..."Michael said softly into my ear.

I looked at him."What?"

"Calm down please, just save all the yelling for later."he pulled me close to him and allowed me to rest my head on his shoulders. He always new how to calm me down even in the most difficult situations. Soon my anger had cooled down and it was just quiet again, I sat there mindlessly waiting for the doctor to come out.

About twenty minutes later a woman came in and stood in front of us, soon my heart started humping out my chest, I stood up next to Susanne, Trey, and Keisha, Michael stood behind me holding my hand. I braced myself for the news I was about to here."Are you Trey Wilson, Mrs. Kiara Wilson's husband."She asked, she read from a clipboard. I tried to read her expression it was hard and blank.

"Y-yes ma'am."he stammered.

She looked up him, her expression remained the same. I shifted myself so that I was in Michael's arms, he wrapped them tightly around me, and rested his chin in my hair. It felt like my whole world was spinning and suddenly the fear rushed over me and I began to shake. Michael held me tighter.

"Your wife is-"

Then everything went black...

_________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter :)