Part 4: Chapter 44: This Is It

"Kiara, quite playing, I am so serious! " I was sitting at at her dinning room table holding a pair of scissors in my hand.

"Aaliyah, come on now, we have long hair for I don't know how long, why are trying to cut it off? " she asked as she placed her hand on her hips.

" Exactly what you said, I've had long hair since i was three I'm fifty one now its time for a new look." I said." Now take these scissors and cut it off!"

" What is Michael gonna think about this?" Any time she didn't want me to do something she always said 'What is Michael gonna think about this?' As if It was going to change my mind.

" He will be alright." I said as I placed the scissors in her hand." Now do it."

She grabbed the scissors and took a piece of my long hair and began cutting across the middle. Keisha looked at me and shook her head." You reached your fifties and gone mad, All that good hair gone to waste." She said.

"Ppsh it'll grow back." I said shooing her off.

Keisha rolled her eyes to the ceiling." At least Lyssa or Ciara isn't trying to cut theirs off you gave them the Haughton's good hair." She said with a laugh.

" Yeah I know, but Ciara wants to die hers and everything else."

" Didn't you die yours once." Kiara asked.

" Yeah but it was only the ends." I said.

" I died my red once." Kiara said as she began cutting more of my hair." Remember right before I had that car wreck and went into that coma? "

I rolled my eyes." How could we forget, you keep reminding us about." Ever since Kiara had woken up from that coma she keeps reminding us about it and about how she had a conversation with God and how he told her that she needed to learn how to control her anger, which I do believe, I just wish didn't have to keep reminding us. All it did was remind me of the dark hours I had with the trial and

Michael.

Keisha rolled her eyes."Aaliyah are you ready for your performance at the BET awards,"She asked, changing the subject."Aren't they honoring you or something."

I let out a long sigh."I guess, you know I haven't performed in what seems like forever, I'm kind of nervous."I admitted.

"Girl please, your always nervous before a performance, you'll do fine."

"Yeah but I'm not as young as I used to be, what if I miss a step and break my hip or something?"

Kiara started laughing.

"That's a little bit over dramatic don't you think?"Keisha said.

"It can happen."

"Yeah to a ninety year old who's trying drop like it's hot when really all she's dropping is teeth and saggy boobs."Kiara said under her breath.

I bursted out laughing."My days of dropping it are over, I'm a mother now and after you've had four kids some things you used to do you can't do anymore."

"Thank God you didn't have all eight of them, cause you would be big!!"Kiara laughed.

"Oh you shut the hell up,"I said.

Just then the girls walked in the room laughing and talking, Alyssa stopped directly in front of me with her mouth dropped."Momma,when you said you were getting you hair cut I didn't know you was chopping it off."She said. Alyssa was now sixteen years old, and is just growing up to be a beautiful lady, I still couldn't believe how fast time has flown by, it seem like yesterday I was holding her in my arms, now she was about my height long hair, big gray eyes, and an attitude that was too much like mine.