Chapter 4: There's Just Something Not Right, Not Right At All.

It was well after dark when I walked into the house. I knew the kids was asleep because it was so quiet the only noise that I could here was the television. I walked into the room and turned it off. I then headed up to the stairs towards my bedroom. "Mommy?"I turned to see Paris standing in front of her room door, she had sleepy look on her face.

"What are you doing up, it's passed your bed time."I said in my motherly tone of voice.

She rubbed her gray eyes."Sorry, mommy I was sleep but then you woke me up."She said. Paris was always such a light sleeper, even a feather falling on the floor could wake her up.

"Alright, come on."I took her hand brought her back to her room. Paris's room was fit for a princess, she had white wallpaper with little pink roses on them. There was A big bed with a white silk comforter spread across along with lacy pillow case, over at the foot of her bed was little antique dolls of many races. There was a dresser and a nightstand that was constome made, it had little designs of roses and swirls engraved in it. I lifted Paris up and put her in the bed then pulled the covers over her."Alright I want you to close your eyes and tune everything out around you."That was what my mother would tell me when I couldn't sleep."And I'm going to sing you a song."She nodded and closed her eyes "Yes Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so. Jesus loves me this I know . For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong. They are weak but he is strong . Yes Jesus loves me. Oh, yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so."That song reminded me of the times my mother and I would be in the cabin and we would sit by the fire singing songs like that until I completely fell asleep.

When i finished I cut of the light and closed the door as silently as I could, then pulled off my heels and and tip-toed down the hallway towards the bedroom where I found Michael sitting at the table having a conversation the phone. He smiled when he saw me and went back to the conversation."...You know I would love to but I'd have to wait until I have room on my schedule...I understand that, and if I could change it I would but I can't you know the company is not going to let me do it....you know I do....well, I'm not sure when I have interviews award shows-.....no I'm not touring....well that doesn't mean I'm not going to busy....she's busy too....Well her record company is very popular....she works the whole day pretty much, she just got home now.....I would love to meet him but I think it's just going to have to wait, and when I do, I want Liyah to be with me too....I don't think I can get her to do that....well, I know how she is, she doesn't like to waste no time with her work because she doesn't want to get behind...No, no, no, I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that, I'm just saying I think it's going to be a while before I actually have a chance to meet him."I had no idea what the conversation was about or who he was having it with, i just knew it had something to do with Michael probably not being able to meet somebody because of his schedule."...hold on"He said and stood up handing the phone to me."It's Frank he wants to ask you something."Frank was his manager.

I cocked my eyebrow at him but still to the phone out his hand."Hello?"I asked.

"Hey, Aaliyah, how are you?"he asked.

"I'm fine."

"Good, do you think you could clear one day out of your schedule for an important day?"

"I don't know, depends on what it is."I said.

He chuckled."Well, Michael says he's going to tell you that much."

"Well, if Michael wants to tell me then shouldn't be the one asking me that question, I mean what sense do that make to ask me to do something when your not going to tell me what it is?"

"Umm, you have a point."He mumbled.

"Don't I always."

He laughed."Well I know it doesn't sound right, but he'll explain it to you, I just want to know what day you can have off."