Chapter 8: I'm Not Gonna Say I Told You So.

When we got home to my surprise Michael was still filming the last bit off the Documentary which really made me mad because He didn't tell me anything about that knowing i didn't want to be apart of it. The girls ran to Michael in an instant. I walked in and placed my things on the table."And you must be Aaliyah, I've heard so much about you."He extended his hand out for me to shake.

I shook it."I heard so many things about you too."I said, trying my hardest to be nice.

"Is it okay if I ask the both of you a few questions?'he asked.

I looked at Michael."Uh sure.."

He nodded and sat down on the couch. I sat down in the one across from him where Michael was sitting. Mariah, Jay Jay, and Ciara sat next to me.

"We're ready in 5, 4, 3, 2..."He gave him the signal to start.

"Okay, I've been talking to Michael for the past few days and he mentions your name a lot. What do you say about this marriage that you've been in for all these years?"

"Well this marriage is very real, I know there are still some rumors going on and on about it us, I don't know what they are exactly but i know their still going on. Michael and I love each other more then anything and we love our family and there's nothing more you can say about that."

"You said that you don't know what the rumours are exactly which means you haven't heard anything about people thinking you do want to parent Prince and Paris because their not yours?"

I frowned my eyebrows then raised up my right one."Where on earth did you hear that?"

"It was in some magazine, I don't remember where that was exactly."

"In. Some. Magazine?"I asked through my teeth. Michael tightened his grip on my hand, I didn't even realize he was holding it.

"well, Liyah doesn't really look at some of the things that's written about her, she's the type who likes to focus on the more important things in life."Michael said, obviously trying to keep me from saying something to martin that he wouldn't like.

"He's right, and reading what these people are saying is not one of them."I added."And just to answer that question, that is not true at all I love Prince and Paris as if they were my own."

"So what your saying is that you don't care that their not your own?"He asked as if he didn't believe me.

"Well, yes, I mean I have to others that are adopted they are no different from them, It shouldn't matter whether or not their mine, what matter is that I love them."

"But they're the children of a woman that Michael had after you divorced him am I correct."he protested

"Yes, but what's your point. I'm sure Michael has already explained that to you, am I correct?"

He raised one eyebrow at me, or at least tried to."He did. but my point is why you allow these kids to think your their mommy when your not."

I just stared at him, I felt Michael become tense. He released my hand and I knew then he was allowing me to say what i want to say."Okay, first of all. The fact that I allow them to call me mother doesn't have anything to do with this. Paris and Prince are me and Michael's kids because we take care of them day to day, not Debbie Rowe. So why should it matter if I allow them to call me mom, I'm basically their mother anyway, and if you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you."

What i said must've made him feel highly uncomfortable because he just started asking simple question that I had already answered before in previous interviews. His questions only lasted about thirty minutes before he excused himself and left. I think I might have scared him off or something.