Chapter 48: Like You'll Never See Me Again

I walked into Sony's Record company that next morning. There was a woman sitting at a desk hidden behind a computer with a phone to her year talking to someone on the other end. She looked up and smiled when she saw me. "Hold on a minute sweetheart." She said then pulled the phone from her ear."Mrs. Jackson what a pleasant surprise. How are you, you look great."

I smiled."I'm fine, "I said."Is Tommy in? "

"He just got out of a meeting, he should be in his room about to go on his lunch break." That was perfect timing because I was actually on my lunch break.

"Well can I see him? " I asked, keeping a huge smile on my face although on the inside I wasn't smiling at all

She nodded."Hold on." she turned to another phone and picked it up." Mr. Matolo, Mrs. Aaliyah Jackson is here to see you." I could hear is voice on the other side I just couldn't make out what he was saying." Okay I will." she hung up the phone and turned back to me."He says you can come in now."

"Okay thank you." I said as I walked towards his office.

There two big wooden doors where his office stood behind. I walked up to them and held up my hand to knock be then I remembered that I wasn't trying to be polite, I was confronting him. And since when do anybody be polite when they were trying to confront somebody about something.

I opened the door, his office was an opened space with huge windows that showed a great view of Los Angeles. There were records all over the room pictures of entertainers that had been signed to Sony Records, over on his desk was a stack of papers, pens and pencils. He had a two chairs that were meant for guests and in between the two of was a small table. I had been in many offices before and never once had I seen a small table that sat in between the chairs of the guests. I guess it was a new trend.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mrs. Aaliyah Jackson, the daughter of Liyah Haughton, wife of Michael Jackson." He said as he walked out from what I guess was the bathroom.

I gave him a disgusted look."Must you do that? " I asked.

He smiled."I'm sorry, I'm just surprised that your here, its not everyday that I get an unexpected visit from a beautiful, talented business woman such as yourself."

I rolled my eyes."Okay now your just flirting, and frankly its not flattering at all."

He chuckled then walked behind his desk and sat down, placing his left leg over his knee, shaking his foot mindlessly."What brings you here today, Mrs. Jackson? "

I smirked."I think you know exactly why I'm here."

He shook his head slowly." No, I can't say that I do."

I rolled my eyes and sat down in of the chairs that sat in front of his desk."Tell me something Tommy, " I said as I raised my eyebrow."Have you ever heard of a person over their forties doing a fifty date tour. I mean its possible but you would have to do months and months of preparing, you have fitness tests, making sure that they are healthy enough, and even when its time for the tour they still probably will not be able to handle because they are not as young as they used to be, not as fit as they used to be."

"I'm sensing that this is about your husband and his tour."

I gave him a 'Uh Duh' Look."You think."

He smiled."Mrs. Jackson, I know as Michael's wife you want to look out for him but I can't change anything about the tour, its already been done."

"I know that your using him." I said." Just like always, your using him, Michael did not want to do this for you, he wanted to do this for our kids."