Chapter 32: Heart Attack

It was a rainy day when I rung Kiara's doorbell, I needed to talk to her about the trial and plus about her problems that shes trying to hide from me. I didn't like the fact that she was hiding especially if she was my lawyer and my husband's future rested in her hands.

I stood there with my hood hugged tightly over my head, as I waited patiently for her to open the door. Soon enough her son came to the door with a smile stretched across his face. "Cousin Aaliyah! " he said as he hugged him. He was beginning to look his daddy so much. Had his eyes and his smile.

" Hey sweety, where's your mom?" I asked as I walked into her house.

"She's in her office."

I nodded as I pulled off my jacket and running my fingers threw my thick black curls." Thank you." I started up the stairs and down the hall to the first room on the left.

Kiara face was creased with irritation, she was on the phone with her head resting on her hand. "How would you know? You weren't even on her face, you to busy staring at her ass!!.....Be a man and tell her to stop talking to me like she crazy, I'm telling you Trey if she looks at me one more time cross eyed I'm gone gut her like fish......Mmmmhmmm I understand all that, but I am your wife and i deserve to be respected......Oh so you don't think so?.....Oh please, I will have her hanging from on of those trees by her toes if she keeps talking to me like that......I don't give two fucks if you're at work and I'm embarrassing you, your an embarrassment your damn self!....Whatever." She rolled her eyes then looked up at me finally noticing I was there." I will talk to you when you get home.....mmhmm bye. " She hung up the phone and threw it on her desk." How long have you been standing there? " she asked as she stack some papers on her desk.

" Long enough to know that you and Trey are having problems in your marriage. " I said as I sat down in the chair. " What's going on?? "

"His damn baby's. momma!!! " she exclaimed, rolling her eyes to the ceiling. " I swear that girl be making me about to catch a case. I mean I know Jonathan's her son and all and he be wanting take care of a his son but some of the things she says to him about me....."

" Whoa that's not cool, have you asked him to speak to her?? " I asked like a dumb nut knowing I already new the answer to the question.

She gave me a pitty laugh." That's what start the fights in the first place then he lie and say he did but I know damn well he didn't. "

" So is this why you hadn't been on your game in the court room?? " I asked.

She sighed. " Yeah, its part of the reason."

" What do you mean its part of the reason? "

"Its just that...... I don't feel like he's being........ committed in this. marriage."

I gave her a clueless look.

Her face dropped then she just simply rolled her eyes." I feel like there's another bitch on the side."

I bursted out with gafaw." Kiara have you been taking your medication?? " I asked." Or do you need on that's stronger then the one you have?"

"Im being serious, all the signs are there, Aaliyah! "

I smirked." What are the signs then? " I asked with an attitude.

" He's coming home late every night, he's been acting weird for about month, staying up all night talking on the phone, Im telling you girl if you look at his schedule, and look at the times of his breaks and multiply that by the time he's suppose to call me and add that by credit card payments, that little voice that little voice in my head is telling me that he's cheating! "

I just stared at her trying my best to hold back my laughter." Is it that same voice you had when you burned down that mans house?? " I asked."And the same voice you developed. from smoking weed in college? "

"Girl shut up hadn't that been right the first times."

" Only once." I said referring to her burning down his house. " Look, Trey only loves you and I know this because he has to deal with your crazy ass on a daily basis. Now, I'm. sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why he's been doing some of the things you claim he's been doing, don't worry about it."

She shook her head." I don't. know I think he is, and Until I find out if he is I don't think I can go on with this trial, I hate to see Michael in jail because of me."

My mouth dropped."Wait, what? " I asked

"I'm sorry I'm dropping from the trial." She said as she stood up and pulled a file from her cabinet." That's the file on Stephanie and here's a new lawyer number I recommend you use him, and I suggest you use that file on her next court session."

I read the name on the paper she gave me."Feheem Richards. " I looked up at her." Kiara are you sure about this? " I asked.

"Yes, I know him and he knows his shit, believe me." She said as she sat back down."I just need time to just....figure this out because if I don't, I'm gone be the one who ends up in jail and this time for good."

I gave her a 'You have a point there' Look. " Okay I guess." Feeling doubtful about this.

"I'm sorry but it's for the best." she said.

"I understand its just gonna have to take some time to get used to i guess, Id rather use one of Michael's "

"You stupid as hell, you know them lawyers got they're degrees at the university of Retardation Specials Law school. "

"Not all of them are like that he has one that I trust." I was referring to Tom.

She shrugged her shoulders." Whatever do what you want, all I have to say is I'm gonna hope for the best. "

I looked her for a moment then sighed."Okay."

***********************************

The rain had stopped when I got home, the kids were all in the living room watching an old Disney Channel movie Alyssa was doing her usual thing that she liked to do most which was designing, Rashad was studying, and Melonie was sleeping in her swing. I hung my coat in my closet reminding myself that we still needed to house hunting, but that was the least of my concern at that moment. My biggest was Michael and the fact that I had to tell him that Kiara had dropped from the trial and she wanted me to use someone else. I knew he was gonna tell me to just use one of his but I didn't trust any of them except Tom. But something told me that I needed to use some else I just didn't feel comfortable with using someone different. I guess my biggest issue was that I didn't trust anyone else but Kiara.

I went to the kitchen to start on dinner because it was late. As I began taking out pots and bell pepper the door bell ranged, I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen towards the door and opened it without even thinking about asking who it was.

And there standing on the door step with his hair dripping with rain water and an evil look in his eye an evil smile.

A smile that haunt my dreams every night.

The man was behind the evil smile was.......

Evan Chandler.