Chapter 42: Debbie

"What's wrong? " I asked Michael. We were in the din and I was picking up toys off the floor and putting them in a box.

" I don't think I told you this, but Debbie is going in the stand tomorrow." He said, he seemed a bit nervous to be telling me this.

"I know." I said casually not even making eye contact.

I could feel his confusion."Did I already tell you? "

" No, Jordie told me." I said.

" Oh, I wasn't sure if I told you or not, but anyways I just want you to make sure that you just don't go in there and you know..."

I turned to him meeting his gaze." What are you trying to say?" I asked.

He smiled." You know how you are, Liyah."I placed the box in the closet and walked over to him crossing my arms and raising my eyebrow." How am I exactly?"

" You know how you are with my ex's Liyah, I don't want you to say anything that's going start anything." he started lowering his voice as he talked.

I bursted out into laughter." Since when is speaking your mind starting something? Its not my fault if she takes it in the wrong way."

He stood up and walked up to me." I don't have a problem with it; I think its kind of sexy, to be honest. But that judge is a bee and he might just take it in the wrong way."

" Its not my fault that bitchy ass judge acts like he has a problem with the whole world." I said under my breath.

Michael narrowed his eyes at me." Liyah..."

" What, I'm just stating the facts."

He laughed." Just try and keep your thoughts to yourself, just until we get home and then you can talk all you want." he said giving me a warm smile.

I frowned my eyebrows. " You hate it when I complain about the trial."

He sucked his teeth." I don't care, I know it kills to sit there and not be able to say what you want, plus I find it entertaining when get all worked up."

I rolled my eyebrows and pushed him off of me."Whatever, I don't think I will, and I have nothing against Debbie, I mean I barely even know her."

" You have a point there." he said.

" Don't I always?"

He let out a low chuckle." Yes you do, but the point is you need to watch what comes out that beautiful mouth of yours" He said then pressed his lips against mine. I smiled.

"Okay whatever but Im not gonna promise you anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mrs. Jackson, tell me, where were you during the time your husband was filming the film Living With Michael Jackson with Martin Bashir? " I was in the middle of cross examination. " It says you were on a business trip but I have reasons to believe you weren't. "

" And your right I wasn't. " I said.

" So where were you?"

" I was in Encino." I said." I took my daughters there to see where I grew up and where my mothers grave was."

"So why didn't you just didn't stay in Santa Barbara? Why didn't you just stay there and be with your husband? " He asked.

" Because I don't like doing interviews with people I don't know." I said." And Martin Bashir is someone I don't know and I didn't trust him."

" So because you didn't trust him you left and allowed that man to make a fool out of your husband, correct? "

I raised my eyebrow." No that's not correct, he told me about it at the last minute, so I couldn't talk him out of it."