Chapter 22: Goodbye Neverland

"Mr. and Mrs. Jackson, I'm relieved your here,"Said one of our house keepers. We had Lust walked back into our home for the first time since we Left, and I could already feel that something wasn't right about it. I held Michael's hand as I glanced around the room I didn't even realize I was sweating until Michael had said something about it."I'm going to warn you, you bedroom is not something you ant to see, believe me."

I looked at her and gave her a warm smile."How bad can it be?" I asked, It was my job to be the strong one because I knew that Michael wasn't going to be that person, but really, I didn't want to be that person neither.She gave me a look that said ' Go see for yourself ' I looked at Michael."You coming?" I asked.

He looked down at me and just shook his head. I sighed and followed the house keeper Eleana up the stairs towards our bedroom."It's terrible Mrs. Jackson, I'm telling you, you can barely get in the room, they left the whole thing a mess."She said as we continued down the hall way."I don't want you to run your blood pressure up."

"I'll be fine."I said keeping a smile on my face and shooing her off.

"Are you sure, because i know you and I know when you see this your going to be highly pissed."We was standing in front of the doors now, and I was looking down at her with a fake smile plastered across my face.

"Look, Eleana, I've seen a lot worst in my life, it can't be that bad."I said, really I was a trying to convince myself that it wasn't going to be that bad.

"Okay..."She said as she opened the doors. The room was dark at first but when i took two large steps in my boot hit something on the floor that felt like a piece of clothing or something. I took a step back because I was to afraid of what would happen of I took some more steppes.

"Turn on the light."I said casually.

Soon light filled the room and I was able to see what Eleana had been talking about. There were clothes thrown everywhere, drawers from our dresser and chest was thrown all over the floor shoes, was scattered every where, there was stacks of papers on the bed, the lamp that was by the table where Michael and I had most of our conversations. I would never in my life allow my room to become this messy, I could all the blood rushing down to my face."Okay get me out of here."I said through my teeth.

"Oh, umm, Mrs. Jackson, there's one more thing you need to see."She said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath."What.."I asked slowly.

"Your office."

My office?! What the fuck did they do to my office, they didn't have a warrant to go in there!

Eleana obviously read the expression on my face because she was now patting me on my shoulder."I know, I said the same thing when they asked me but they said it's best that they checked every room in the house. I knew you would get mad believe me I did, but they were the law and I had to do what they were told, plus I knew that if this thing went to trail it would be counted against Mr. Jackson, I'm sorry."

I sighed."Just show me the room."I said.

She started walking down the hall towards my office. The door was closed, which wasn't anything out of the ordinary, my door was always closed in my office, whether I'm in or out. It was just the way I liked it. She opened it and  cut on the light. My mouth dropped in an instant and Immediately began balling my fists up and i could feel my face turning beet read.

The place was a mess, all my work papers, medical papers, whatever kind of papers I had in my big gray filing cabinet was out of order, manila folders were scattered everywhere, my drawers to my desks was open and everything in there which once was all nice and neat was all a huge mess. I stepped over to my computer and saw that someone had broken into it and went through all the files on there also. I could feel my blood pressure rising. I looked up at Eleana who had an apologetic look on her face."Get me out of here."I said. "Please."

She nodded and took my hand to help me out of the room but as I i took te first step my boot had cracked something that was on the floor, I stepped back and look down on the floor to see the photo of my mother, Keith, and I. Michael had went and got it printed out because the old one started to, well look old. I picked up the frame and glanced at it. Those people have not only ruined everything I've ever loved but they took away one thing Michael and I cherished the most and that was this home. At that moment I could call it a home anymore it was just a house and I didn't want anything to do with it. It was time we moved out.

When i finally had enough strength to make it down stairs to Michael he immediately had me in his harms."Liyah, are you alright?"He asked. He had a worried expression on his face, one that he would get when he saw that my eyes changed from the color it was suppose to be on that day which was light gray, to the dark reddish brown and my face being beet red.

"I'm fine."I mumbled."Just get me out of here please."

He nodded and took my hand and we headed out the door. Neverland Valley Ranch had so many memories for Michael and I, from the time we moved in in 1987 that place carried loving memories of us running through the house, going out onto the ranch kissing making love. Neveland was the place we brought our first born child home to as well as all the rest. There was some painful memories, I had my miscarriage here, Michael and I had our arguments there, this was the place I left him back in 1996 when we had our problems. But Most importantly, this home was the place where we loved each other and although many people thought it was weird that we lived at a home with a Farris wheel, merry go rounds and what not. It was apart of Michael and I, and although I said I wanted nothing to do with that place, it still held a special place in my heart.

___________________________________________________

After the trial Mcihael Jackson moved out of neverland because he felt that the investigators had voilated his home and privacy, and he no longer felt neverland was a home but a house, neverland will always be in my heart becasue it was a place where Michael could be himself, and he didn't have to worry about the media following everywhere he went, it was his own little world.

RIP 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road Los Olivos, CA 93441

Neverland Vally Ranch.