Chapter 9-Welcome Home

Dream POV

As the car slammed, I could feel the momentum still pushing me forward violently before coming to an abrupt stop. Quackity yelled a few words telling us our arrival has come.

Ted and Schlatt opened the back doors for us and we hopped out. We were in a completely empty parking lot, an abandoned one.

Me and y/n glanced at each other before the 3 people in front of us starting taking the lead. Quackity had a pep to his walk, almost like Skeppy. He was blabbering about whatever conversation he involved himself in before he let out a rushed "aha!".

The whole group stopped and Quackity simply looked at the ground, lifting up a cement parking blocker. He scanned the floor for a few seconds before seeing the number pad and jamming in a few numbers.

"Can they know?" Quackity asked. I saw Schlatt from my peripheral vision look at y/n then me and nodded.

"Why not. They're going to be here for a while."

"43659! That is the code, and no it's not that simple of course," Quackity chuckled a bit before continuing "Theres a word after all the code numbers! Uh- Now that i think about it-"

Quackity looked up at Schlatt. Schlatt let out an annoyed sigh and walked over to Quackity before muttering out curses under his breath.

"Who named it to fucking 'Schlagg'?!" He whipped his head around to Ted, Ted's face was red and his hand was clamped onto his mouth.

"Oh i'm going to kill you one day Vision...just wait." Schlatt pressed one last button before the floor opened up, with a little opening and stairs leading down. The cover awaited our entrance impatiently.

"Well let's get going boys."

When we were all walking I made tiny conversation with Ted. He seemed like a genuinely sweet person, odd to see him in this kind of field of business I guess. I want to be nosy.

"So what made you work here?" Ted looked up from the ground, getting back into thought.

"Hm..well for as long as I could remember I've always been here. I've always been helping business production." He said calmly.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you stay?"

"Oh..well. Think about it like this Dr-Nightmare," He corrected himself "It's like a family business. You grew up with the company, not only did you grow but so did your surroundings and profits people earned. You grew up with the people and watched them morph into the people they have become now. You watched this place grow since it started with baby steps, and you're so happy. Why would you leave? Why would you leave the success? Your family? When you could just stay and still support it all the way through."

I silently nodded processing his words. Y/n and I just did what he said what people shouldn't. Leave the people we love, leave the success, happiness. Why?

Ted was mindlessly talking to me while I was zoned out. I zoned back in when I heard a pair of footsteps stop. I turned to face behind me and saw y/n there.

"Oi what's wrong?" I turned my hips to face her fully.

She quietly walked up to me to simply state.

"I'm just scared- no. nervous." Before I could speak to comfort her she blurted out one last thing.

"Also why the fuck is their hallway so long."

We both laughed at that. Once we calmed down I put my hand on her shoulder and looked at her eyes.