Chapter 17- Make Daddy Proud

A/N
hello! trying to knock out two chapters today!! hope you don't mind !! but imma try smth new with fhe spacing, if you do or don't like it pls let me know ! but it gives more commenting abilities now. anyways, enjoy !

Chapter 17-
Y/n POV-
By the time I took my eyes off of Dream I searched for the other two accomplices that would join us for this mission. When I found Jack, his eyes were already on me. His red and blue 3D glasses doing nothing to hide his eyes, especially making his squared out smile pop out. I nodded before my sight left him and started to scan the crowd again, looking for the gambling-addicted-ravenette.

I didn't scan for long before finding the scar ridden face. His dark golden orbs locked onto nothing in particular. I found Jack again amongst the crowd before he nodded his head towards Schlatt's direction. I grabbed ahold of Dream's wrist before dragging us towards the head office. Pushing through the little groups of people, Quackity trailing not far behind.

When we made it through the crowds into the office I noticed the significant drop of personality on the walls. Rather than being filled with exciting colors and patterns, it took on a modern look that consisted of a lot of white with few accents of black here and there. It was a square office, an at home one at that. And there sat Schlatt in front of his multiple screens waiting. As soon as the last person walked in, which I assume is Quackity, Schlatt cleared his throat and looked at us.

"Well, well, well. Nice of you guys to come-" Schlatt was abruptly cut off by an annoyed huff from Jack.

"Get with it Schlatt." He stated as his arms started to cross over his chest.

"Impatient much? Well you guys do have an incoming mission, specifically a delivery," He stopped and looked at specifically me and Dream before continuing. "it's going to be harsh. But I'm putting the newbies with you and Jack for a reason." Looking directly into Quackity's eyes.

"You want us to carry dead weight?" Quackity huffed, not exactly happy with his position. I looked around Dream to face Quackity with a mean look.

"Are you forgetting that I was the one to beat your ass in a 1v8? What do you mean 'dead weight'? All you know is that we used to work for an agency you were against, and frankly you invited us!" I was a bit pissed to say the least. Quackity was underestimating how strong we were, and back in our home agency that was always a horrible idea. If you want to know somebody's skill level, just duel. Actions mean more than words don't they?

"We were put at a disadvantage!"
"Under why circumstance? It was a 1v8 If anything I was-"

"Shut it!" Schlatt yelled. This broke me out of my disarrayed state. I took one last look at Quackity before letting out an exhale. I looked up to see Dream encasing his face in one of his hands, presumably out of disappointment. I'm not one to normally engage, but he deserved it. Mr. BlabbedMouth simply doesn't know how to shut it.

"As I was saying before being interrupted, this mission is going to be hard. You guys are delivering a cargo to an area that is highly guarded." He emphasized the word highly.
"This is not a 'fuck around all I want' mission." He looked at Quackity before continuing holding eye contact, the next words out of his mouth were probably going to be directed to him.
"You're going to be delivering to Purpled, gotcha?" Quackity's eyes widened.

"Purpleds agency?? What do you have against us?? Possibly a fucking death wish? His area is patrolled by Sam's agency, not the top but damn strong!" Quackitys arms emphasized his anger more than his words as they flew up in the air and slammed back down on his sides.

"Yes I know Quackity, but we have to get this deal done."

"So you're sending the noobs with us for a mission like this? Are you out of your fucking mind?!" Quackity's voice shook with what seemed like rage. If I were in his position I'd feel the exact same way. Dragging the rookies into a deadly mission with an advanced member is just asking to carry dead weight. Except that's exactly what Dream and I aren't.