Chapter 15- Confrontational

Y/N POV
The dinner's chaos finally bubbled down. The food rested in our stomached giving us all a content feeling. I knew that because everybody's face held that of satisfaction. People started shuffling to put away their dishes while I sat to finish the conversation I held with Charlie. When he finally got up I smiled to myself. Giving my self a moment to bask in the feeling of sobriety from danger. I smiled at nothing while my eyes were closed a bit encasing me in darkness before feeling a wave of anxiety crash down on me out of nowhere. The goosebumps on my arm rose as a cold chill from nowhere ran through my spine.
A pair of eyes settled on me from behind. The feeling was one you couldn't necessarily brush off , it was a feeling that lingered on and on.
I got up holding my dirty plate, cup being held in the other hand. I could still feel the pair of eyes following, like a predator watching it's prey. I shuffled through all the people I had just sat down with to shake off the eyes but they wouldn't leave me.
As soon as I put down my dirty appliances within the dishwasher, I finally turned to see who was following me so sternly. I was facing out towards the kitchen watching as joyful spirits shuffled around the counter talking to one another with bright smiles. The person was somewhere within the room shoved behind everybody it seemed. I strained my eyes and finally I saw them. Their body was tense. Their eyes watching my every move. I knew who it was by looking at the dark green button up, with a yellow flower within its pocket. Tubbo. I felt the fake smile on my face falter and drop within seconds yet I tidied myself up and dismissed myself away from the crowd towards the hallway full of unoccupied rooms.
I was trying to steady my breathing as coming out right to Tubbo would've made my tranquility simply decline more. I needed to come to him as calm as possible.
As I was trying to even out my breathing a pair of heavy footsteps came within earshot. I could tell they were Dream's simply by how heavy and agile they were.
"Yes Dream?" I said before he was able to tap me on the shoulder.
"Hey you kind of left without word, is everything all right? You're usually the...er well not social type but you like to talk. I expected you to stay for a bit longer." He rambled a bit about his worry but that was the least of my concerns. My upped senses due to my adrenaline picked up another pair of footsteps. The footsteps of a lighter being, almost a child trying to sneak around. I composed myself taking my hands and running them down my scalp, pushing back any flyaway hairs. I let out a hasty exhale before inhaling once more, a deep breath of air from a calmer atmosphere. I turned to look at Dream, and inevitably who lied behind him.
"Well Dream, you attracted a visitor. Couldn't expect less, party-person." I have a half assed smirk to try and ease myself. Dream turned around, meeting eyes with Tubbo before quickly averting them. Dreams eyes darted everywhere but to Tubbo's gaze.
There was a long and strained silence filling the atmosphere between one of the parties finally broke. And it wasn't ours who did so.
"You..you guys were the top three. Everybody loved you," his shoulders dropped, I'm assuming from the amount of stress he's been carrying since he's seen us. "Why did you leave? I always looked up to you, but was I just looking up to people who turned out like these people?" He looked down at his spread hands, watching them as they shook.
"I-I trusted you! The whole organization did!" For once, I was glad the hallway of rooms was so separated from the rest of the agency.
"Look Tubbo-" I reached a hand out to touch his shoulder but he stepped back.
"Don't 'Look' me. Just explain what's going on and maybe I'll grant you the right to even be close to me. You have so much explaining to do! I've been connected to the agency this whole time and not once did they mention anyone else joining, so what are you doing?" His fade held that of stress, and simply betrayal. I couldn't blame him. After what Eret did to our agency, he simply only put more walls up to protect himself. As we all did.
"Okay, let's calm down alright?" Dream started to try and calm the air that surrounded us.
"Let's all take this back to our room and talk about this in a preferably less public area, we'll spill a lot but not everything, alright?" Dream started once more.
Tubbo stood still for a few seconds before nodding. I lead the way to our room as Dream kept an eye on Tubbo, presumably to
make sure he wouldn't run off and tell the agency about our disappearance.
Once we made it into the room Dream closed the door behind Tubbo.
Tubbo stood in the middle of the room, his arms stilled at his sides.
"I just want answers. That's all I want, and all I need. Once I get those I won't spill jack shit to the agency, I promise. But please," He took a heavy breath before continuing "Please don't be like Eret. I can't lose you Y/N, nor can I lose you Dream. You're the only things that make home feel like home." You could tell the kid had been through a lot simply by how much depth his words held.
Dream took a deep breath and nodded in my direction, directing Tubbos attention towards me. I gulped before taking in my own breath.
"Look, we couldn't trust the agency. To put it shortly-" I started before being interrupted.
"I don't want 'shortly'! I want the whole god damn truth!" Tubbo exclaimed, clearly frustrated.
"Okay, we'll here's the truth. Dream and I were put on a stupid mission to bust this exact drug cartel. As it turns out, everything was planned against us! There's this whole string of business that wasn't even told to us, when it was basic information. We given a mission to complete without giving us all of the information, putting our lives in danger. Not only that but they make us look like fools! Giving us an objective we wouldn't be able to complete!" I inhaled, to calm myself down as well as to catch myself up with my breathing. "Look. After realizing why the drugs were made, we weren't really sure which 'side' was good anymore-"
"Y/N!" Dream yelled, I wasn't supposed to spill that but hell! What would Tubbo do about it?
"He wanted the truth I'm simply giving it to him!" I looked from Dream back to Tubbo.
"We're confused and lost Tubbo. As strong as we seem we're just humans. After we knew the agency was keeping so much from us, as well as setting us up to fail we had to get behind the scenes and this was the only way to do so." I looked over to Dream to see if he had anything more to say besides what was already spilled.
"Please don't tell the agency. God knows what they'll do to us if they find out. As far as we know only really Sapnap and possibly George know about us and we need to keep it like that." He looked directly into his eyes as a plea.
Tubbo looked down at his feet, seemingly letting all this information odd through his head. The room still and quieted as everybody simply let everything just sink in.
Tubbo out both his hands over his face before letting out a grunt.
"Im not going to tell anyone and wasn't planning to. I was bluffing simply to hear the truth, and now that it's out, I trust you. I trust your judgement," he took his hands off his face and made direct eye contact with me before continuing. "because I was in the same position at one point, more or less. When I was first appointed to work here I thought 'It's probably going to be horrible, and their morals will suck and blah blah blah' but after a while I realized how much more humane it was than our agency. To this day since I've been here I've been questioning the head leader and the agency as a whole. And i'm glad the people I look up to most finally suspect the same." He ended his little soliloquy with a smile glancing his eyes between Dream and I.
I made the first move and gave Tubbo a big hug.
"Dude have I ever told you I love you?" I laughed while hugging him, to which he simply replied with a snort.
"Well!" Dream stated loudly as he cleared his throat.
"I want to get ready for bed which means unfortunately, so does Y/N. Tubbo. Thank you so much. You won't understand how much gratitude we have. But I really do need sleep."
"All right big man!"
The two gave each other a firm fist bump before ending it off with a half hug.
"Goodnight Dream, night Reaper." Tubbo said while at the door of the room.
"Night Tubbo!" We said in unison before he finally closed the door. I rolled my neck a few times letting out a tiny breath. Pinning my shoulders back a bit to release the tension they held.
"Intense huh?" Dream stated softly, the fatigue finally plaguing his body and mind.
"That's an understatement, but at least he took it really well. He's a great kid. I feel terrible that he's stuck in an agency like ours." I said while massaging the knots out of my neck.
"Agreed, but we really do need sleep." He said while yawning.
"I'm crashing right now." I said as I dramatically flopped on the bed in a starfish position belly down.
"At least brush your teeth, yo!!"
"Nope!"
—-
A/N
hey lovelies!! my life has been on crack lately and I've been super all over the place but I hope you like this chapter! And just know i'm so proud of all of you! drink water, go eat, go shower, go do what you need to do!

have an amazing day/night/noon!!

-hornet