Chapter 4- The Good Guys

Chapter 4
y/n POV
I picked my head up from his chest and stared at his eyes contemplating what to say. He would think I'm crazy, this was such a bad idea but what if it could get us further in our investigation? But what if I end up liking what I signed up for more?? I took a deep breath in.

"You know the at prisoner I brought in?"
"Of course I do..where is this going? He didn't hurt you or anything right? I will kick his ass-"
"Dream," I put my hands on his shoulder to calm him down "he didn't do anything. He uhm, proposed an offer." I looked up at him and he gave me a confused look.
"What kind of offer?" He was staring into my (e/c) eyes.
"He offered that I joined his side.."
"WHAT?" He yelled, and I immediately shushed him.
"I'm not sure what to do. I could 'join' their side and give intel to our agency but then I'm more worried about what will happen during that time period."
"The worst that could happen is that they realize you're not on their side, but you'll have contact with us so we'll help you out of that situation! It's an easy decision we'd have to discuss with the boss!" I glanced at him and away trying to focus, my mouth forming a pout of some sort.

"Y/n? It's an easy decision..right?"
"Dream what if I..I don't know, I end up liking what they're going for?" He looked at me with wide eyes and an agape mouth. I was fiddling with my hands, and I could feel a cold sweat take over me. He kind of looked betrayed for a second but then snapped out of it.

"If we're considering this, let me join you."
"What? No! That's ridiculous!"
"And the words that just came out of your mouth were as well." Now it was my turn for the bewildered face and reply with a subtle 'touché'.

"But you have to understand though, what if we've been looking at this opinion all wrong?" I started to stand up from the bed, I could feel myself getting slightly frustrated but at what? For him telling the truth? I was already defending an opinion that we considered wrong. I was running my hand through my hair .

"Dream you have to understand maybe we've been looking at this situation all in the wrong light! There have been people out there stronger then our agents and rather than use that power for the greater good it's going against innocent people like our families!" I started to pace around the room.
"And you know why we would never understand a situation like this? It's because we were never the ones to get hurt. The people we couldn't protect were! These deafener things have a good side to them but we've been putting this idea for so long!"

I stopped walking and looked at him.
"Don't you understand?? We look like the bad guys to the public eye because we look the same as all those other people who are using their quirks to their advantage. Maybe we need to look at this whole thing through a different pair of colored glasses. Maybe it's time to see what's behind the scenes." I looked at him and he stared back. He glanced away, contemplation written all over his face. I could tell whatever I just said did something; the worst part being he knows all I did was speak the truth as some of his family was on the receiving end of this uncontrollable power.

He sighed and looked back at me.
"Reaper?"
"Yes?"
"What do we do if we agree with them?"
"We fight for whats right. We become the protagonists again, we would no longer be the scary people." I felt a faint smile grow on my face.
"One more thing."
"Yes Dream?"
"Would you allow me to go with you if we decide to go 'behind the scenes'?" I smiled; walked over and hugged him.
"Yes you idiot, of course you can." He wrapped his arms around my torso and held on tight. We broke it off after a hot second, he looked directly into my eyes.

"We can do this, we can become the protagonists again, or stay the protagonists- but yknow if we do become villains I just know you'll be a hot one."
"Pffft." I snorted at that stupid comment, I punched him playfully while laughing.
"Not as hot as you boo~"
"Oh gosh really?? Do you think I could be as pwetty as Sofia the First??"
"Now you're pushing it, nobody can beat our queen sofia!"
"Whaaat! Well I know one person that can beat her!" I gave him a raised eyebrow.
"And who is that?"
"You obviously!" I laughed obnoxiously a lot and he joined in with his stupid contagious laughter that I loved oh so much.

"Hey Dream?"
"Yes?"
"Can I get cwuddles for being so pwetty??" He gave me a tea kettle wheeze and I gave him a big smile and a few giggles myself. I gave him one more hug holding on tight.
"Thank you so much for everything." I said into his shoulder.
"It's not a problem, I'll always be here for you and you know that."
"I know, thank you." I depart from the hug and gave him a grin. "I'm going to head to bed, you should as well soon. I'll see you in the morning." I waved goodbye to him and he returned with a big smile and waved bye back. I walked the rest of the hall to my room, head full of thoughts about Dream.

Goddamnit, was I really gonna be able to get sleep? Well yes. I took a few melatonin gummies and layed in bed. Even if I did have Dream'sside how would the rest of the agency react?
Probably horribly; especially knowing we were two of the best agents our agency has. It would be a stab to their back but imagining what good can come from this situation has me hooked. I start to feel the vitamins to really kick in and soon enough I fall asleep.