Chapter 23- Phone Call

Y/N POV
Ring, ring, ring.
Slowly my eyes started to open, trying to find such an annoying source of sound.
Ring, ring, ring.
The sound came in threes. It was my phone. I sat up, but the weight of Dream's arms held me down.
Ring, ring, ring.
God how repetitive is this shit? My brain fog just started to clear, but then it stopped. I considered leaving the phone on the desk, to simply go back to sleep and act like it was all an illusion my groggy mind had made up. I was about to settle down again before it happened once more.
Ring, ring, ring.
I let out an ungodly groan. I shuffled Dream's arms off of me and reached over.

Unknown Caller ID
828-***-****
Huh.
Ring, ring, ring.
I picked up.
"Hello?" My voice croaked due to the lack of use. I sounded like a frog.
"Hi." A british voice called back.
"Uhm," I took a second to see if I could recall any Brit that I didn't have a contact for, and I fell to no conclusions. "Who is this?"
"Aw, you don't remember me y/n? How sad."
"If you could get to the point maybe it wouldn't have to be sad, now would it?"
"Hm. You got the same attitude, don't you, buggy?"
Buggy? My gears turned. Only one person gave me that nickname, and it was made because he compared me to a white butterfly.
"Soot."
"Glad we're on the same page."
"You know, your name has been floating around a lot-"
"That's not what I'm here for. I know what sentences have been affiliated with my name. And to be honest? I don't care. I'm in a world of my own. Who's to dictate me? But that's not what I came to talk about. It's about you."

I silenced for a second. Wilbur has been getting so caught up in himself lately, a narcissistic asshole move in my opinion.
"What about me, huh Wilbur? What could you possibly want?"
"How are you and lover boy?"
"What-" I was cut off abruptly.
"What's life like on the other side?" He giggled. An innocent giggle tainted with rotten intention.
"What's it like to be the villains? To be working under them? To hide?" He started laughing to himself, the phone barely picking up his dying chuckles to himself.
"You need to learn to shut your fucking trap, Wil. You know nothing about us."
"Oh! But I do!"
"And I could say the same thing about you," that shut him up. "What's it like to be on the receiving end? To be able to buy one of the few drugs that fucks our society up?" The phone line held quiet static; a filler for the lack of sound Wilbur was making in the other side. I crawled over Dreams legs to stand up, walked into the living room.
"Cat got your tongue, smart one?" The room was dead silent. That's when I finally checked the time.
4:44 am.

"We both got our secrets, don't we? Wouldn't want either of us to have to suffer the fate of faulty mouths. Now tell me, why did you truly call, Wilbur?"
I heard him take a sharp inhale. He knew I saw right through him.

"I've been messing with them."
"Them? Look, I'm not here to try and solve a damn jigsaw puzzle."
"The enemies." He whispered. The once playful tone dissipated.
"I-I tried copying what you guys did. To leave and a-abandon. But they have me now."
"Im not a guest, I'm the bait and they're going to wrap Mellohi and Bee into it."
That's what widener my eyes.
"Wilbur what did you do?" I raised my voice a little before realizing and bringing it back down. I took a deep breath.
"Wilbur, please please please tell me you didn't-"
"I d-did. They're stuck in this because I'm an idiot. I th-thought I could make a difference! Like you! But i'm bait for the young ones and- and- oh god-"
"Wil, breath! Spit it out!" I spoke, harsher than I had intended.
"Y/n they're going to die if they come over here. Please. Please, please, please save me. Stop Tommy and Tubbo from coming. Please!"

"What have you done?" I felt so many emotion rise and fall within my chest. Just like my breathing. Sporadic, and uncontrolled.
"It wasn't on purpose-"
"You wanted to be like me- you wanted to have what? A villain story? Attention? Well you fucking got it. What was going through your mind?"
"You have to understand-"
"No! I don't! Everybody knows Mellohi and Bee are always by your side. But you knew that specifically Tommy had a target on his back because of you!"
"I know and right now I need you to save him! Please I'm begging you! I can get out of my own situation, but I can't help Tommy. Please!"

I thought about it. I love Tommy, like a little brother I never had. Of course I would help.
"You're lucky that I enjoy Tommy's presence. I'm not helping you, i'm helping him. You owe me something."
"Y/n thank you so much you don't understand."
"I'll send Sapnap and 404 to keep Tommy away from you."

Silence once again. A tension between Wil and I. Yet the comfort of silence helped our minds process the sentences we let go through one ear and out the other...somethings not right.
"You're a fucked up man, Wilbur. Maybe I should let you pay for your consequences. Don't you think?"

"Please- this is my only request."
"If you knew, I abandoned our family why would you call me?"
"Because I trust you-"
"You trust me even after you stated that I abandoned you? Even after I left? Such unkind words, Soot, really. Contradicting even."
"Listen, I don't know where you're getting with this but it's ridiculous. Drop this act and please just help Tommy!"

I laughed. I felt the sound of my own enjoyment shake my shoulders.
"Goodbye, Soot."
And I hung up.
That little rat really thought I was stupid? He didn't have Bee on his side at that moment because he was home, with me. And the very last time I spoke with Tommy was a few days before the stunt Dream, Schlatt and I had. He said he would be moving agencies to work with Phil for 6 months.

I left the agency around 3weeks ago.

a/n !
if you think the time that y/n left the agency, lmk! because i suck ASS at keeping time in stories lmao
anyways!
hope you have an amazing day lovelies :]