Chapter 3- Consider the Deal

Chapter 3
Dream POV
"y/n what? Are you out of your mind?"
I agreed with her but I couldn't say anything. I knew in my heart that people did have quirks that were overly powerful and used them against the innocent in life. Would it be bad to theoretically lessen the power? No, but.. I don't know. y/n looked at me.

"Think about it Dream. It must've been created for more than just "being assholes to society's 'heroes'". There's more meaning to it; we both know there's more to it and we both know the meaning."
I stared at her. I took off my mask and ruffled my hair looking away exhaling a deep breath full of stress. I didn't reply, she looked away.
"I took the prisoner in to hopefully get answers. We have Skeppy at the base to help get me the truth." I heard her mumble a bit under her breath. She wasn't losing her motivation to encourage me, right?
"He's quite literally the human lie detector isnt he?" I smiled a bit enlightening the mood.
"I just want answers; we deserve to know why everything was made." Determination filling her eyes.

~time skip~
3rd person POV
After the mini group of three took down the "tiny" trade and put their prisoner in his cell; y/n was with skeppy discussing what would take place in interrogation.
y/n POV
"Skeppy some of these questions are going to come off really horribly and against the agency guidelines but you just have to promise to trust me. I know what i'm doing."
He nodded his head; seeming to understand for the most part. I took my deep breath and..

//long hair//
put my hair up into a long pony tail getting ready for this mess to unfold.
//short hair//
put my hair behind my face with a few clips getting for this mess to unfold.

I walked into the room; it was a black cushioned room like the mental hospitals have. If he were to escape he can't do damage to our team with the help of a hard surface. There was a table in the middle and there sat Schlatt. Looking smug, as if he was eyeing every person in the room getting ready to lead a 6v1. The fuck was wrong with this man? Skeppy walked in with me to my right, and 4 guards walked along with us.

"Hello Schlatt."
"That is my name, multi-eyed bimbo." Oh right, I activated my quirk for a solid minute when we first started talking. I looked him up and down giving him an ugly look of disapproval.
"I have a few questions to ask you. If you don't mind this is my friend Diamond. No need to worry why he's here but he'll be standing behind you for maintenance. Let's get started shall we?"
"Do I really have a choice?"
"What drug were you dealing?" I decided to cut straight to the point.
"I already told you; a quirk deafener. Injected like a projectile, a bullet specifically."
"Do you know how they created this drug?"
"No maam; even if I knew I wouldn't tell you." He gave me what seemed like a proud grin; I deadpanned and just looked up at Skeppy; his eyes glowing yellow from the use of his quirk. He gave a shake of his head, closed his eyes for a second and then spoke:
"Made from a human compound. That's all he knows."
"Hey what the fuck?! Stop that!" Schlatt yelled, that made me chuckle. What an idiot.
"Why were they made?"
"What?"
"Why. Were. They. Made?" I gave him a deathly grin.
"Look angel face, I don't know. You're making me fucking mad."
"Awww you gonna cwy??" I smirked at him. I saw Schlatt getting even more pissed off at me. He was fucking glowing red. Shit.

I started to look around subtly for any reflective surfaces, he couldn't see Skeppy so I didn't have to look at him but the guards. I activated my ring of eyes- shit that was a bad idea.
He looked directly at one of the eyes, which who would've guessed had to have red irises. What a great plan y/n. Just fantastic. He started to bash around very violently in his chair which was starting to scare the shit out of me. This man could take down this whole room, except for me, but who am I to know what his power holds.
I held my finger up, "Stop fucking moving! I will shoot and don't you dare think I won't."
I took off my oni mask and sneered at him an ugly frown. He stopped suddenly, wide eyed and then smirked.
"Why don't you join our side?" Skeppy lost his concentration and looked up at me with shock and terror in his eyes. His eyes no longer glowing yellow; well there goes the plan of a human lie detector. Anyways back to my shock;
"W-what?"
"You heard me! You're a beauty! You could lure in deals that will help this world become more of a power-even world! We can do this together!" He started trying to stand up as if to show how much power he has in his hands; so I emitted more light from one of my fingers showing I was charging up the shot.
"How would I know you wouldn't betray me?" I saw Skeppy give me an agape mouth. I wouldn't betray them right? But..I mean maybe? Was I actually considering this?
"What's your name?"
"What?"
"You heard me." I glanced up at Skeppy than down at him with my eyebrows raised.
"Reaper. They call me reaper."
"So, Reaper, join our side. Let's take down this worlds cruel anarchy where the unfortunate people with little to no power are put to the bottom with no word! Let's change the system!"

His words peaked my interest but I couldn't abandon what I've worked so hard for. Or could I? Do I take the chance?? Maybe I- Shit. Headache- a big one.
"Let's take him back to the cell. We'll continue this discussion later on. I need rest."
"Consider the deal my love. And maybe you won't regret it once you went through with it."
"Schlatt shut up," I gave him a deathly stare to which he replied with only a sly grin. God how badly did I want to slap that smile off of him. "Skeppy walk with the security guards and take him to his cell."
Let's sleep. I told myself; almost as a command so I don't forget.
~~

On the lowest floor of our agency we have our rooms we can spend the night in or sleep at for a while if we need to. I didn't feel like I could walk or drive home, I had so many thought whirling in my head that if anything wanted to strike me I'd be too engulfed in my own thoughts to realize. Some of those thoughts telling me to just cry to release the stress and others telling me what I should do with this offer. As I was heading down the gray halls I glanced into Dream's room and came to a slow stop. I saw him at his desk, his room was emitting a light green; he probably had a few of his LED lights on. I stopped at his doorway deciding what to do; I must've taken too long because Dream looked up and called my name.
"Y/n?" He looked at me and gave me a smile. His green eyes were gorgeous.
"Can I come in?"
"Yeah of course! I'm just working on a few things." I looked over his shoulder; it seemed to be a tracking map he was working on. Probably trying to find an origin point of this newly found drug. God how new this drug prototype has to be for it to only deafen a quirk and not just cancel it. The wild thoughts sstarted to gather in my head again. I hated not knowing what to do; it always fucked me up knowing that a decision that could be good or bad can only be determined once it's made.(THAT WAS REALLY BAD ENGLISH HAHAHAHA SORRY).

I started to feel a pit in my throat. Was I really going to cry over this?? Am I just stressed? I can't cry in front of Dream; god i'm so stupid. y/n cmon this is fine- everything is fine! We're fine-
"Y/n?" He looked up at me with with those gorgeous emerald eyes. He had startled me out of whatever trance I was in. I was going to break at any second like a porcelain plate being held by a string over a concrete floor.
"D-Dream," my voice cracked, I took a deep breath trying to get the burning feeling in my throat to go away, "can I sit down on your bed for a moment?" He gave me a a worried look while nodding. He got up from the desk and started guiding me to the bed with his hands on my shoulders. He sat me down and I watched his face continuously grow into a more concerned look every second. Jeez, another thing I hated was when people worried over me. I'm supposed to be strong and not cry over some stupid decision that I should know the answer to. Keyword; should.

"Y/n whats wrong?"
"Dream I don't know what to do." I put my head on his shoulder and let a few tears slip; I didn't want to be embarrassed by showing my tears.
"What do you mean? Talk to me please." I could hear his voice laced with worry.
What would I say?
"Oh our prisoner offered to join their side and I'm considering this choice because who knows if it's actually bad or not??" I talked inside my head- oh actually— That ain't a bad idea..