Chapter 7- 6:00PM

Chapter 7-
Dream POV
I felt the rustling of blankets and sheets under me with a little bit of struggle; naturally pulling whatever I was holding onto closer and tighter before I heard a feminine type giggle.

I opened my eyes with a smile and looked up at her only to realize it wasn't y/n. I let go of the girl instantly yelling out of panic and rushing backwards as I was still on the surface below me. I looked around it was just a never ending blackness around me.

I looked back at 'y/n'. Her once beautiful (e/c) eyes faded with a milky film on top. She still had tears at the corners of her eyes ready to roll down and finally be at rest. She was laying on her side, her head facing me and from what little flesh i could see that clothing didn't cover it lost most of its color. Old untreated wounds leaking with liquids with one prevalent mark on her. A shot through her shoulder. Clean and straight through, the bullet layed a foot or so away from her.

I felt the need to gag, and cry at the same time. I put my gloved hand over my mouth and as I was pulling the other one up it felt significantly heavier. As I dragged my hand up I could feel the violent shaking only increase. Once it was fully in my vision I realized. I had the gun. I took the shot.

—-
I woke up with a gasp for aid and my eyes shot wide. I felt a heavy weight on my chest, but rather than look or try to remember what it was I closed my eyes shut tightly. I felt ragged sobs start to tear through me. Bringing my hands up to my face keeping it there for a few seconds before I feel another pair holding my wrists. I opened my eyes and spread my hands. It was y/n with a warm smile but worried eyes. She sat me up and hugged me tightly.

"It's alright. It was just a nightmare, you're going to be okay." She said kindly. She started rubbing my back comfortingly, and I just let myself cry for a minute or 2 before taking deep breaths and calming down. I looked down at y/n hugging me and smiled a little.
"Sorry for waking you up. I didnt mean to, I forgot my surroundings when I woke up so-"
"Shhh. Dream it's alright. Let's lay back down and fall back asleep alright?"
"Yeah..yeah alright." I layed back down and cuddled into her side. She held me protectively whilst whispering soft words and eventually I fell back asleep.

When I woke up in the morning I was met with and empty sided bed with little warmth left, implying the leave of y/ns body happening not that long ago. I was met with a busy schedule of taking down civilians, villains, robbers and everything in between.

*time skip to Wednesday the day before the criminal break-out;brought to you by an author who forgot the dates:)).*
It was currently 11:34 pm. I watched clock tick repeatedly never stopping between the seconds, always updating the minutes and sometimes the hour. My foot had been anxiously moving side to side like a grandfather clock. I was laying on my bed, half my body out to regulate my body temperature- or well my body heat. The whole night my anxiety was acting up preventing me from getting the rest I needed, with this bee found exhaustion and stress my body started to heat up gradually before almost becoming unbearable if I was under the covers for any longer. I sighed to myself putting my arm over my eyes, my breathing irregular.
I huffed a sigh and laid there hoping to finally catch the sleep I needed. And slowly bur surely, sleep found me. 
-

Loud beeping came from my nightstand, repetitively telling me it was time to get up. I opened my eyes and read the bright, blocky red numbers to be,

7:30AM.

I let out an annoying puff before slamming my hand down onto the alarm stopping the noises. I got up and ready for the day, although my clothing changed a bit. I wore a bit more duller colors today as well as a different mask. My accessories also changed a bit, replacing decorative harnesses with a bag. A good sized duffel bag. Yes it seems suspicious but the whole day that was planned ahead of us was. It was a bag full of belongings. Clothes, accessories, weapons, and toiletries. I could imagine y/n's bag as her weapons, if she has any on her, are usually double the size of mine.
I exited my room and entered the hallways hat would lead me to the rest of the agency. While making my journey to the main entrance corridor I encountered the one and only, George. I felt a smirk grow on my face, he was invested in whatever was on his phone.
I dropped my bag and started to sneak up on him, when I was right behind him I put both arms around his waist and lifted him up at least a foot while yelling. He screeched a high pitch noise that I thought only violins could make, boy was I wrong. I let him down wheezing and George turned around to slap me but stopped mid-slap.

"Dream?"
"Yes thats my name George, don't wear it out too much." I managed saying while ending my little laughing fit. He didn't say a snarky comment back which was odd..I wiped my eyes of what tears I had and gave him a confused look.
"George?" Without a second to waste George started the conversation.
"Why are you dressed so different? I would've never known it was you if you didn't talk. Is something going on that I don't know about? And what's in the duffle bag? Dream whats going on?"

It took me a second to collect my thoughts before speaking, I couldn't raise any suspicion.
"Well, A. I decided to do an outfit change for once, it was about time I think. B. what's in my bag is just..uhm-"
"It's a gift we have for the boss!" I heard a voice come from behind George. I looked over and saw y/n. A bag no where in sight but also a different style of her normal uniform.

"Hey y/n!"
"Hi y/n." Me and George said in sync.
"So you guys planned to give the boss a present?" Y/n started to make the rest of her walk to us.
"I mean why not right? Anyways me and Dream gotta go! We'll catch you later George!!"
As soon as we knew George couldn't hear us y/n spoke up.
"You suck at improv." I let out a chuckle before looking down at my watch to see what time it was.

9:23AM

Dream sucked in a breath and waited for the long agonizing hours to come along before he waited for the await time, 6:23PM.

3rd Person POV
The day was slow, slower than normal it seemed. Y/n would socialize while doing what things she needed to get done. Every conversation seemed longer and unnecessary, every mission seeming like an inconvenience that was only met to make the day seem longer than the dreaded hour to come. Yet, it was all somehow still tolerable to her.

While Dream on the other hand seemed to be much more on edge, the day even slower than y/n's. Nervous tics started to kick in, his ADHD the source root for all of it. He couldn't sit down without a bouncy leg and a moving hand, he couldn't walk a few steps without running his fingers through his hair or adjusting his mask constantly. Everything he came upon felt the need to just be somehow adjusted.
And then sure enough the hour hit.

6:00PM

Y/N POV
I had just finished a few files i needed to work on, updating my work on my recent missions. My work room was filled with paper staples all over the walls; photos, files, cases, even stupid details from my dearest coworkers. I looked at the clock on the wall, the clock surrounded by emptiness for a few inches before the wall was covered in paper again. It read:

6:00PM.

I picked up my bag that was right next to my desk chair, I had another bag ready to go that was outside of the building right outside the back door exit in a trash bag. I had extra things packed for me as well Dream knowing he underestimated how long we may have to stay.
I got changed in a much different uniform, even a different mask that was similar to the Blades, rather than a pig skull it was a cow skull. A cow skull painted with light blue calico rose flowers. I put it on and head out near the prisoner cells, coincidentally finding Dream there as well.

"New style?" He asked.
"I'm not gonna be easy to catch if i'm caught helping out some drug cargo." I laughed a bit to ease the atmosphere that his anxiety was thickening. I put my hand on his shoulder before speaking.
"This is going to go great, and if we do get caught and end up getting dragged back here, the boss loves me." He let out a sigh with that as well as a little giggle. He looked at his watch.
"6:10."
"Let's establish plans with the goat man." I said before walking in, he hesitantly followed.

"Ayyyy! Angel face and green bean! Odd to see you here." He smirked while looking at us up and down.
"Is everything ready to go Ram horns?" He let out a gut-laugh before putting on an evil-like smirk.
"Of course, we're going to blow this place." My eyes widened.
"B-Blow? What does that mean? You didn't clarify any bombs!"
"Ah well I forgot to clarify, me and my team have a special way of doing things. We set off bombs around buildings to give off a distraction, Vision over here has it all planned. Your precious little building and workers will be alright, for the most part at least." I saw him put on a shit-eating grin at the end of that conversation.

I huffed a sigh and looked over at Dream.
"Anything to add in?"
"6:20."
"What the fuck? That's all? Well. Get ready boys. It's almost show time."
—-

A/N thank you so much for over 500 reads!! That means so much to me! Also, happy holidays even if i'm a bit late:)).