Chapter 14- Dinner

Y/N POV
Charlie had ran off to open the door, excitement filling him causing little hops to formulate between the pitter patter of his running. I was left alone in the dining room before hearing the slight creaking of wood floors behind me. Whipping my head around, I found that Dream finally emerged from whatever place he was hiding in. A slight smile of relief graced my face knowing that I wouldn't have to meet or see the rest of the agency by myself anymore. I looked him up and down noticing his attire had changed. He had a black cloth mask that sat below his chin, a black long sleeve with a jacket on top, some joggers and athletic shoes to top of this outfit. Athletic but comfortable. I felt my eyebrows raise in the slightest in confusion, which he seemed to pick up on as he finally spoke up breaking the mild silence that covered the atmosphere.
"I took a walk and ended up finding a back way to this place that leads in and out, neat right? It seems like I came back right in time as we have guests..right?"
"Guests? No no, more like the residents. Apparently a mission just ended and they finally came back. Charlie just finished dinner actually." He gave me a slight nod of his head as acknowledgement before further asking questions.
"How come you're not out there meeting people?"
"O-oh," I stuttered a bit, simply not out of embarrassment but out of the nerves that were finally starting to build, after the reassurance that Dream came home, disappeared. "I don't want to meet them all on my own, I was waiting for you honestly. You know how I am with completely new people."
"Yeah yeah, impulsive, nervous, but still a bit kind," He chuckled at his self-assessment of me before linking our arms and walking towards the entrance where we could see a little group of people. "Let's meet our roomies!"
Dream walked over to the group, unlinking our arms but still keeping me around his space bubble. He stared at the little formation near the entrance. It was full of warm smiles, conversations that were either just starting up or dying to be finished, hugs, and retelling of adventures. I stared at the people conversing; simply taking in the warm atmosphere they had just waltzed into. A cloud of serenity hanging over the group whilst their conversations were still flowing. The flow of the atmosphere continued before Dream promptly cleared his throat in the slightest catching the attention of all the individuals.
"Uhm, hello." My hand gave a rigid wave with my small greeting. Silence washed over us, nothing breaking it for a bit until Charlie clapped his hands and ran towards Dream and I.
"Guys! I forgot to tell you but meet our newest members! Nightmare, or Dream, whatever name y'all prefer, and Star but can also be called Reaper!"
The group exchanged looks between each other before smiles popped on their faces. I looked into the sea of faces only to see a single person not smiling, rather their face held a look of shock and a hint of betrayal. Tubbo. I couldn't focus on him long before a girl with blonde hair, and beautiful blue eyes came up to me while a man of a darker skin tone, and rougher appearance came up to Dream.
"I'm Alyssa! It's so nice to see another feminine face around here! I swear after being surrounded by boys I almost forgot what our kind looked like!" She let out a laugh which allowed a few giggles to escape my lips.
"I'm Star, or Reaper whatever you prefer. It's so lovely to meet you Alyssa." I held out my hand with a warm smile adorning my face, but rather than take my hand to shake it she simply wrapped me in a tight hug. I hesitantly put my arms around her. We squeezed a bit before releasing, and that's how the chain of greetings happened. Meeting many such as a man with multicolored 2D glasses on his head that held an accent from somewhere in the UK. A boy with 2 complimentary colored eyes that resembles the colors of a holiday. An older lad that wore a sonic costume for shits and giggles. A man with a red camo ski mask who took also took on an accent and last but not least the man who had walked up to Dream. I picked up their names to be Jack Manifold, Ranboo, Connor, Ponk, and Vikk.
Alas, as the introductions and greetings died down we all finally got to sit down at the dining table. Each plate holding the same assortment of colors but in different assemblies. I was placed near the middle seats of the table. As predicted, Dream sat next to me on my right. Tubbo took his spot on my left, and I was right across from Manifold.
The dinner was pleasant, the conversations between each individual flowed so easily as if Dream and I were in the group since the beginning. Not to mention the food was delicious, each bite melting in your mouth, only for the amazing taste to be gone within mere seconds of entering your mouth. It was delicious, Charlie was an amazing cook. It almost reminded me of George's cooking, but he couldn't shine as much as Charlie. But even through the amazing food, the delightful conversations there was someone in the room who simply seemed like they didn't fit. They seemed shell shocked, as if a bomb had been dropped on them. Their sentences coming out as mere words that were barely above the volume of a whisper. Their eyes more widened than when their relaxed state should be. That individual was Tubbo. Without the need to look, I could feel Tubbo drilling holes into Dream and I's sides. I could hear Ranboo occasionally whisper to him to knock it off, promptly picking up his fork only to simply play with his food.
Rather than cause a scene I simply waited until dinner was done, knowing that a conversation like that would blow all of our covers'.
"So Reaper, Dream, what made you join?" The bald man across from me asked as he stuffed food into his face happily.
"You know how it is. Got bored of being the quote on quote 'good' in the world. Boring to fight for one side for so long, might as well live life and be the 'villain' for once." I shrugged my shoulders to make it seem like I had given this answer a billion times. Tubbo's elbow that was
once pressing against my arm due to the lack of his table manners all of the sudden became still, like prey that knows they were caught. I felt bad for the kid, truly but I could not blow my cover all for a conversation and understanding that could happen later in time.
"Ah gotcha!" The male across from me exclaimed. "So how is the 'villainous' side mate?"
"It's been good! Honestly I've had a lot more fun than i've had in a long while, sometimes you miss the feeling of finally being able to let loose."
"I agree, I used to work for a hero agency once," He stated before stuffing his face more and than proceeding "hated it there! Every minute I was there I wanted to rip out what little hair I had on my head! But than I found Alyssa over here and she offered me a place and a group to stay with!" He nudged Alyssa which soon engaged her in our conversation.
"Yeah, and sometimes I regret ever offering." She rolled her eyes with a smirk on her face. Jack dropped his silverware and placed a hand on his heart, an emotion of sadness and betrayal formed on his face.
"Yeah well guess what?"
"What?" Alyssa growled out with playful annoyance.
"At least I don't have a friendship with our enemy, WHO BY THE WAY DOESNT EVEN TALK!" Jack yelled.
"Do not!!" Alyssa shouted back.
It soon became a little died between the two. I put my hand up to my mouth while laughing, their playfulness reminded me of little children who couldn't decide who would be 'it' in tag. Dream was laughing with me before his melodic tunes of laughter finally died down and he cleared his throat.
"You guys done yet?"
Both heads turned towards us, both with furrowed eyebrows and frowns, Jack's face more prominent and dramatic than Alyssa's.
"Hmph," Jack huffed while crossing his arms "I am done arguing, but only because I'm the better person here." He stars while fixing his 3D glasses to hold better at the top of his head.
"Huh? What?! How does that make sense? You insult me while complimenting yourself?? I cant believe you sometimes." Alyssa gave off a playful hint but also an upset tone to her voice. They both had their arms crossed looking away from each other before we could see Jack start to crack. His frown become tighter and than finally a smirk cracked. He started laughing hysterically and Alyssa joined in. Dream and I stared in fascination at their relationship before conversing with those around us once more.

A/N !
Hello!! i've been afk for a bit, so sorry! School was a wreck especially with finals and all but I got through it, I hope you liked this chapter and hopefully I can update more!
Have a good night/day :]

-hornet