Chapter 13- Napkin, Fork, Knife

Y/n POV
After my wings finally dried i got a good look at myself in the mirror. Contrast to my wings, i looked beat up. Bruises freckled my body as trash littered beaches, my eyes held a pair of nice purple bags underneath them begging for me to get a night of sleep without interruption. My hair drying..
//straight hair:))//
as straight as pins and needles with little waves here and there due to the interference of the drying process.
//curls(mostly coils):D//
in coils wrapping upon themselves only to have gravity drag them back down gaining a little bit of length back.
//curls(not coils):-)//
with gaps in between each curl that slowly each piece defended into waves.
Compared to my hair and wings, I looked like a mess that needed tending. My hand made it to the back of my head massaging my scalp. I let out a sigh and walked into our room in new, dry clothes that were mine this time. As i walked into the door way I was hit with a smell of lavender and herbs. My droopy eyes widening more to see where this source of smell was coming from. The room was empty, no Dream in sight. I looked around to see a vent on the roof. My brain processed this for a moment before realizing it had to be connected with the kitchen. I walked down the long hall of rooms, through the living room and desks and eventually made it to the kitchen. The wide area containing many wooden stools under the counter, the opposite side of the stove and ovens. Upon the counter was a fully cooked meal and at the stove was Charlie finishing up whatever need to be cooked. I cleared my throat which caught his attention.
"Star!! I was just finishing up dinner. Mr. Dreamer said he was going to the back room to get a few more decorations for your room. Is there anything you need ?" Charlie's hands were covered with oven mitts as he had just taken something out of the oven, which seemed to be some sort of potato main dish.
"I don't need anything, but whatcha cooking?"
"I'm so glad you asked! I'm making scalloped potatoes, artichokes, porkchops and salad." He stated his list with a wide smile, proud of his work.
"Ah why so much though?"
"Well the rest of the group is coming home today and who doesn't like a hefty warm meal after a long job? It's like a welcome back pleasantry. It's the least I can do after a few of them offered to take my place." He said while taking the oven mitts off of his hands and placing them down on the counter, thus giving them the time to finally cool down after the burning heat it made contact with. I decided to pull a stool out from underneath, sitting across from Charlie while he ran around the kitchen.
"Oh gotcha. Why did they replace you- or well take your place?" I asked. The second dish he took out was the artichoke, the smell almost making my mouth drool. The saliva pooling in my mouth as I watched the steaming pot of artichokes come out.
"My quirk wasnt exactly fit for the kind of mission and they didn't want me getting hurt more than I already am so a few decided to go for me. I couldn't thank them enough."
"How are you injured?" I asked as he poked the porkchops to see if they were done or not; disapproving to himself before once more popping them back in the oven before standing up fully again and looking back at me.
"Currently I'm missing some of my body-" I immediately dropped my head under the counter to look at his legs and his lower arms. Finding nothing but full body parts that seemed to need no tending. I quickly lifted my head back up giving him a quizzical look.
"You didn't let me finish," He stated laughing in between his sentence, and I joined him calmly. "As I was saying, in my slime form which is a part of my quirk some of the inside of my body is gone, which mean in my full form either some tissue, muscle, or organ structure is missing. Obviously I'm fine because it's regenerating but it's not done yet. So when i'm done fully regenerating I'll be fully healed."
"So you have no idea which part of you is missing, do you?"
"Nope! Usually because by the time I figure that out, whatever is gone is already trying to regenerate."
"Interesting...has there ever been a time where you did realize what was missing?"
"Hahaha glad you asked! There was this one time I was on the battlefield with Schlatt and Big Q, and I was knocked down in my slime form pretty harshly. Schlatt came over to check on me. First thing he checked was my breathing which he could tell was fine, then my pulse. I ended up not having one! While in my slime form they knocked out the slime where my heart would have been which caused the solid me to not have one. God I remember the petrified look on his face, it made me laugh so hard." He was smiling to himself before he let out a little 'oh!'; once more going back to the oven to check up on the porkchops, this time taking them out and letting them rest on the stove.
"So how do you..die?"
"Easy, I can be killed in my solid form. The slime won't be there to regenerate and I'm gone."
"Interesting." By the time Charlie and I'd conversation ended he had finished pulling out the rest of the food, starting to assemble all the plates. Each plate holding an assortment of colors, most beiges with splashes of green. Charlie's hands moved smoothly around the plates, assembling them as he pleased. His face holding his pride as he worked. Within minutes Charlie finished putting together 13 plates all filled to the brim with a warm meal to fill all of our stomachs.
As I stated at Charlie's work he began pouring drinks, specifically alcohol.
"Heavy drinkers?" I asked without thought. He turned to me, taking his eyes off the pouring liquid for a few seconds before putting down the bottle.
"A few of us seem to be addicted, more directly speaking, Schlatt. But other than that, some of the boys prefer to take the mental exhaustion from the day off by a shot or two. Personally Ted and I don't drink, but the others do it for the sake of them wanting to keep peace within themselves. Not an easy life out here, yknow?"
I simply nodded my head in agreement, letting Charlie work his magic once more. Looking across the room into the living room sat Dream simply scrolling through his phone keeping himself distracted. I looked back at the table to realize it was blank, not a piece of silverware to be seen.
"Where is the silverware and placemats if you don't mind me asking?" Charlie gave me a small smile to thank me before pointing to a few drawers and a cabinet. There I found the shining pieces of silver lying untouched, along with matte black handles that held sharp blades. I grabbed 13 of everything, as well as 13 napkins before going over to the table and placing them down in a repetitive pattern.
Napkin, fork, knife. Napkin, fork, knife. Napkin, fork, knife. Over and over before it was finally done.
I put my hands on my hips giving myself a bit of praise for my work, not like much was done but it was enough to deserve some type of reward. I turned to see Charlie starting to carry plates over, setting them down on the table with a dull clunk before going back to collect more plates. Soon I joined in, bring 2-3 plates with me on the journey to the table. The room being filled with silence with the occasional thunks of plates or cups being placed on the table.
After our work was done Charlie threw the napkin over his shoulder and looked at the dressed table with a proud smile, a smile that held content with his work. He abruptly clapped his hands which got Dream and I's attention.
"Everybody is coming soon which means new introductions!"
As if the devil was listening in, as soon as he finished that sentence heavy excited knocks came from the front door as well as muffled conversations and giggles. All ready to be home.