Chapter 16- Lucky Fellas

A/N!!
hello!! long time no see! so my summer vacation has uhh...been all over the place LMFAO hence the reason I didn't upload much. my life has been hella chaotic but I'm back with an update! hope you enjoy!!

Chapter 16
Y/N POV
As quickly as we hit the hay, we woke up just like that to a bustling house. I kept my eyes closed in hopes that whatever noises were prospering would come to a stop, but Dream started to nudge me. An unholy groan came out of my mouth out of annoyance, but it got me to finally open my eyes. I was tucked away in the inside of the bed facing towards the room, Dream taking up most of my view. His tired eyes looked at me sympathetically, he knew I hated the mornings. What could I say? The moon was simply more attractive.
The noise of people walking, talking, and simply being nimble echoed throughout the house. It didn't seem to echo as much last night, but maybe it was because I was too out of it to take it into recognition. Dream had left the bed a bit ago, the warmth he kept within the sheets dissipating into nothing. I sat upright, rubbing my scalp of any itches I couldn't reach during the night. When I swung my legs over I was met with the freezing hardwood floor, causing shivers to flow through my spine. I got up to leave but as soon as I opened the door I was met with a joyous smile, Charlie standing right in front of me. Evidently, he was just exiting his room as well. Still dressed in his white pajama shirt with 2.5 hearts on it.
"Well good morning Star! How's it going?" He seemed so happy, maybe he was more of a morning person than I was; but that wasn't very hard to do.
"I'm..doing alright. Tired if you couldn't tell."
"Ah makes sense yesterday was a long day to settle in for you guys. But today will be an even bigger day!! I can't wait for you guys to find out what's going on!" His hands were in fists at his sides, barely containing his excitement about this 'news'. But that wasn't what worried me. Why was today a big day?
"W-What? Big day? Maybe your confused because I don't know of anything I'm going to be doing." I tried to reason that maybe he was thinking of the wrong person, but judging by how his smile grew, I was mistaken.
"Nope! You and Smiley have a big day today! I don't want to spoil anything though!! Schlatt will direct it all, go ask him in a bit! Well bye now!" And with that Charlie took off, green goop followed him. Maybe whenever the got excited he started to drip due to the loss of containment. I brushed off all my thoughts and made a beeline to the bathroom. There I found the giant 6'2" man fixing his hair in the mirror and adjusting his mask straps. I walked up behind him, simply tightening them for him since watching him struggle was painful enough as it is. He turned his head a bit towards me, giving me the tiniest smile. As I was walking to be adjacent to him I decided to bring up the ever mysterious news.
"Hey so do you know what's planned for today?" I asked as I put a big glob of toothpaste on my brush and started to clean my teeth of previous grime.
"Oh you found out already? I'm guessing Charlie must've spilt it to you, he's always so excited for everybody." Dream stated nonchalantly. My hand stopped it's movement and I looked up at him.
"Oi, what's going on today?" I mustered through all the toothpaste in my mouth.
"I wasn't given much details since Alyssa only told me bits and pieces of what's going on. But apparently we're being put on our first mission today." He stated as his fingers ran through his hair, combing out any knots.
I spit out my toothpaste in the sink quite dramatically.
"On our first day?!"
"Yep."
"When are we getting assigned?"
"Around 130."
"And what time is it??"
He checked his wrist watch did a second before looking up back at the mirror.
"It's around 11."
"Fuck me gently why don't you."
"If you insist." At that I slapped Dream. He chuckled at me before he started making tiny adjustments to his outfit. Was he not..worried at all? About being assigned to go against an agency we might know? God forbid the one we used to work for?
My eyes trailed his every move trying to pick out any drop of anxiety, but nothing was found. He was so calm.
"Take a picture it lasts longer-"
"Why aren't you worried?" I cut him off, he stilled at my question and turned towards me.
"Y/n I'm worried sick, but If I show it what's the point of us even being here?" I had the same stern look on my face looking towards him, but simply nodded. He had a strong point.
"I'm going to go get dressed and then eat. By the time I'm done it'll probably be time for us to officially get assigned to the mission. I'm just hoping we don't run into anybody..yknow.. that we used to be 'friendly with'." I put in air quotes.
Dream put his hand on my shoulder with a small reassuring smile. Actions say a lot more than words, and in this case it meant so much more.
As I got back to my room I shuffled through all of our clothes. We should've organized our closet by person but we were too tired to really care how the closet was organized. I found loose jean pants with multiple pockets and straps that were cuffed at the end with a long sleeved shirt rolled up to my elbows. The shirt had a triangle hole on my chest that, rather than covered with thick cotton, was replaced with mesh showing off the skin that lays beneath. The cuffed sleeves also having a mesh portion that held a pattern of crying eyes. My shoes were combat boots but were much more hefty, giving me a solid footing on whatever surface.
Content with my work outfit I went back to the bathroom to see Dream gone, and did a bit of makeup. I strapped my cow skull mask on one of the belt loops on my jeans and left for the kitchen.
Everybody was out mingling amongst each other, everybody enjoying each others presence. When I came out I saw Dream hanging around Tubbo, Alyssa and Ranboo. I smiled to myself before joining their group.
"Star!!" Tubbo said quite loudly, he walked over and gave me a big hug.
"This is Ranboo, he's one of my greatest friends."
"Well hello Ranboo, it's a pleasure to meet you." I said with my hand out.
"Ah, it's nice to meet you too." His voice came out quiet and shy. But that's not what I took note of. It was the fact his hands felt young. No scars, no calluses, not even that of a scratch. He was almost..too young. How did he end up in a spiders web like the one me and Dream willingly fell upon?
I kept to myself and smiled, when I let go I simply listened on to the conversations that surrounded me before everybody was rudely interrupted.
"Alright everybody, shut the fuck up!" Schlatt yelled.
"Nightmare, Star, Jack, and Quackity it's your lucky day fellas! We got you a mission! And at that, not an easy one." He gave a mean smile and a deep chuckle to pair with it. I met eyes with Dreams mask, hoping he could sense how nervous I was.
I hope the mission isn't too bad.

Cliffhanger bc Im mean.

but hello lovelies long time no talk!! i hope you're all doing well and enjoyed this chapter! if you did please consider voting, It was kind of uneventful and i apologize. but hopefully i xan upload more often!! much love!!!
-hornet
<3