Chapter 25- Elegant

a/n!
hope ur having a good day:]

Chapter 25

Y/N POV
The sun tricking in caused my eyes to flutter open, unfortunately. The bright light caused my eyes to hurt for a few seconds before adjusting to the new lighting. It took me a few seconds before I was fully oriented with my surroundings. Dream must've moved during the night at one point, because he was now the big spoon and I was turned away from him.

I slid his arm off before arising from the bed. I stared at his dirty blonde locks of hair, and his speckled cheeks that just seemed to glow in the dew of the sun. I could feel the faint smile grow on my face, before quickly wiping it off. Romantic feelings and a field of work that involved such violence was never a good mix. It never ended well. And to put Dream in a position of life or death over my emotions seems beyond foolish. I abruptly shook my head and checked my phone.

8:34 Am.
3 hours aint to shabby depending who you ask. 3 hours from that messy phone call with Soot, and only a couple of hours before our assassination mission. The thought of such a mission grew a pit in my stomach. Whether it was excitement or the ever growing anxiety, I would never know.

I got up and out of bed. I checked myself in the mirror before ruffling my hair. Getting out the bed head, I walked out.

As I walked out I tripped almost immediately. I caught myself before my add took the landing. I looked down and saw two outfits.
How cliché.
A dark green suit and tie with dress shoes laid beside our door, as long with a sleek dark green dress that took on the texture of velvet but the weight of silk. The assassination was of someone who was deemed rich, to say the least. The scenery we're going to seems to be... affluent to say the least. I picked up the outfits before popping them in right behind our door and walking through the hall to the kitchen.
And as expected, the house wasn't bustling yet but there was movement in every direction I turned. I wanted to get to Schlatt eventually, but my stomach demanded something else in the mean time.

I popped open the fridge doors to see various colors, none catching my eye in particular. I looked around a bit more before finding a pear near the back. I pulled it out, tossing it in the air before catching it once more. I closed the fridge and took a bite. The juices of the pear sweet and ever lasting as it made my tastebuds get to work. When I took my eyes off the pear I looked up and saw Ponk. His endearing eyes that were still plagued with sleep watched me traverse the kitchen to sit near him. He had a little smile on his face, as he slouched over the counter holding his face in his hands.

"Black Star, right?"
I swallowed what I had in my mouth.
"That's me." I said quietly. The lack of use of my voice over the 3 hours I slept were apparent.
"Also known as Reaper, yeah?"
At that, I felt the pear in my throat get caught for a second. I coughed a bit before whatever got stuck finally went down.
"Uhm.. yeah. How..how did you know? I've only said my past agent name once." I watched him with curious eyes. He simply sighed with a smile and looked back at the counter, at nothing in particular.
"Sam loved you and would show me pictures of when you were little. I only remember you because you've grown into your face a bit more now." I watched him with big eyes. I was a bit in shock, and he must've noticed because he quickly brought his hands up to his chest and started waving his hands in a defensive way. "No, no! I'm not telling anybody anything, don't worry! I also have access to Schlatt's files in the back! I just so happened to come across your folder, as well as your friends!" He said sweetly.

I guess that made me feel a bit better, but I was never worried. That was just Ponks misinterpretation of my silence. I was more shocked from the fact that Sam possibly held..compassion for Dream and I even when he was working.
"Ooh! Of course! That makes sense pfft." I said trying to keep my composure.
"Yeah! Sorry, about that!" He giggled to himself before looking back at me. "You know we have the next mission together right? Me, you, Nightmare, and Ted? I'm excited. We haven't had an assassination mission forever. Crazy, almost. How 'un-evil' we are." He said in air quotes. I rolled my eyes at his hand movement, and let out a playful scoff.

"Lemme take it, you want to be 'more evil', Ponk?" I asked while a smile was on my face.
"Yes! I miss getting huge amounts of cash. Because then I could go on vacation with your uncle more often- or just pay his damn hospital bills!" I laughed at his remark about the hospital bills. Sam had a long history of injuries that were never 'home tame-able'.
"He's a dent out of your wallet if you're not careful." I giggled.

A pair of footsteps were coming in the distance, echoing through the blank walls. I looked over to the hallway and saw Dream rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. When his hands came down, he saw me and walked over. His elbows carried the weight of his head in his hands, as he leaned down next to me on the counter.
"Morning." I said. He simply gave me a grunt in response. The fog in his head had yet to leave.
"Hey, Ponk is also tired as fuck. Maybe y'all should try to have a conversation together and see what happens. I have to go talk to Schlatt, alright? So just give me a bit. Make yourself food while you're at it."
I gave Dream a few hearty taps on his back before rubbing it and walking off towards the office's direction. I dropped the pears eaten away core in the trash before leaving the kitchen entirely.

As I walked from the kitchen to the office I took in my surroundings more. As you got closer to the office, the more loose paper and files started to appear out of nowhere. It was as if you took somebody's thoughts and simply spread them throughout a room. A mess, unorganized, filled with meaningful words that are only to be forgotten mere few days later until they come to relevance once more. As I walked further down to the office I finally saw the door that separated me and Schlatt's hell hole of an office. The engraving of two horns on his door laid there watching me. I finally brought my fist up and gave a few sturdy knocks.

"Come in!" I took a deep breath before opening the door. I looked around, taking in my surroundings. A few empty bottles of alcohol laid on the floor, untouched. They were an older collection of bottles, because the room lacked the scent of alcohol at that moment. There are larger stacks of paper all around his desk. After a few seconds, I walked in closing the door behind me.

"Howdy there." I mentally cringed at my words.
"Get to the point, angel cake."
"Just wanted a few details on the mission. I saw our outfits and noticed they were...elegant, to say the least."
"Ah, yes. I have brief details but I'll get down the main points. It's a party of the wealthy of some sort. A party that our target is throwing off to...show off almost. His name is Nathaniel. Nathaniel Walsh."
"Sounds like a typical white man if you're asking me."
"HA!" Schlatt gave off a screeched out version of a laugh. He laughed before wiping an eye.
"Alright, sweet cakes. You got anything else you want to talk about?"
"I should be good, boss. Thanks for the information."
"Of course, I'll call you in when our appointed time to leave is about 1.5 hours away. Got it?"
"Sounds good."
"You're dismissed."

And with that, I walked out.
Nathaniel Walsh.
Does that sound familiar?

a/n!

hello!!
i hope you're all doing amazing, doves :]. here's a late night chapter for u guys <33.

hope u have an amazing day/night!! rmemeber to drink water and eat babes :].

love u!!
-grilled whatever my user is