Chapter 5- Bandana

Chapter 5
y/n POV
I woke up staring at my ceiling not exactly knowing what my first step to get 'behind the scenes' was. I pondered and pondered and pondered but nothing came up. I finally gave up with a sigh and rolled out of bed. First thing in the morning I see is a bit of a tempered Sapnap pacing around the hall...what a sight. I stared at him for a second before speaking up.

"Uh Sapnap?"
"Oh hi y/n!!" He gave me a wide smile and an adorable voice to go with his "hi". It caught me off guard for a second with how his mood changed so quickly. I looked him up and down confused and then finally spoke once again.
"What are you doing?"
"I've been looking for my bandana everywhere! It's the only thing that keeps MY alarm clock from going off when I use my quirk so I really need it. I thought I left it on my desk chair yesterday but I guess not." He started to rub his chin which had the tiniest bit of stubble on it. I thought for a second and an idea came to my head, I had seen it last in the van.
"Have you checked our van?"
"Uh I don't think so. I don't think I left it in there so I didn't bother."
"I'd say give it a shot!"
"Mmmm I was just about to check the laundry to see if it was there though. Would you mind checking for me? I'm so sorry." He apologized a few time but I decided it was unneeded so I spoke a few words of reassurance to him to help calm his running mouth.
"Look I probably left something in there too, don't stress it. We meet up in this exact hall to show our findings, deal?"
He gave me a closed-lip smile "Deal!"

I think he took it as a competition as he sprinted off to where the laundry room was. I grew a pair of pearl-white wings and headed upstairs and into the mini garage where we kept our van.

Damn, it was huge; I never took it into perspective because I'm always too busy with prisoner-watch or discussing what our next step would be.
I popped in a code on the passenger side and a staircase of black steps came down. I walked up and decided to check the front corridor first; where George and Sapnap usually stay when we're on missions. I took a deep look; under the chairs, on armrests, in the compartments, for the love of god I even checked around the buttons; nothing. I decided to move where Dream and I were when we last drove. I didn't see his white bandana but hey! I found my older combat boots and a pair of Dream's old converse; of course they once used to be bright green but were dulled to a grass color. I decided to head all the way to the back where we usually kept prisoners. I opened up the backdoors of the van and was met with extra handcuffs on the walls; quirk-handcuffs; more restraints, etc. Sure enough, like the dumbass he is, Sap left it on a seat. He probably took it off when escorting the prisoners. I picked it up and was about to leave out when something glimmering caught my eye. I looked around a bit on the seats and almost brushed it off until I glanced at the floor. A wallet with some sort of silver button.

Huh.
I decided to be nosy as it couldn't be one of our agents. We never bring personal belongings with us onto missions so I knew I couldn't do much harm to anyone. When I opened it up there was a thick stack of money that I didn't care for; rather it was the ID that came with it that peaked my interest more.

———
ID
Name: J**** Schlatt(i don't know his real name)
Occupation: Urgent Medical Services
DOB: **/**/**
———-

My eyes widened at the discovery; I have this man with us right now! As I searched through the wallet a bit more I found contacts, an abundance of them. Mostly all had general titles like "Clients" "Boss" "Coworkers" etc. But the one thing that caught my eye was a piece of wrinkled paper. I pulled it out and set the wallet down. When I unraveled it I felt my eyes widen and twitch. It was like an ordinary piece of printer paper; just a tad thicker and bigger. It was a map, such small font and circles to fit everything. It all started from one thing at the top and it spread like a pyramid. This chain of whatever it was, was fucking huge. And that's an understatement. At the top right of the paper I read:
"Dealing Services"

My eye really started to twitch, out of annoyance, maybe even anger.
This is what we had on our hands. The basic information we were given on this mission was that it would be easy to track and take down but they started us at the very bottom? Is this some kind of stupid joke?

As I analyzed further I started to process how big this damn business really was based off this sheet. There was at least 100 circles that all linked to the very top one; just different paths every time. And the single one with a check mark and the words "Us" next to it was one of the very last deals at the bottom of this damn graph. We thought we were working near the top of this damn thing but we're starting from nothing. They expect us to track every person that was traded with before it got to the group we caught? Were they insane?

After looking at this stupid sheet for what felt like ages I decided it was best to show Dream; he was already trying to track down what we found but this was much bigger than what he was creating. I almost felt bad for the man, thinking we were so close to busting this cartel and turns out we're farther than Dorothy from her home.

Dream POV
I was analyzing the sheet on my desk taking a deep look at it. It seemed to too shallow? There was more to this case then what we were told obviously and it was annoying me. No drug deal is this simple. Give us the details we need to successfully solve this damn thing! I mentally was cursing out the agency for thinking we were stupid people who couldn't catch on to dumbest missing details.

I was in deep thought before I heard frantic knocking at my door. Annoyed, I opened the door to find y/n out of breath and her wings out? I gave her a confused look and then spoke,
"Y/n? Everything okay?" She had her hands on her knees almost heaving, but one managed to lift up and hand me something. A piece of paper. I took it, glanced at her and then back down at what she gave me.
"Uhh context?"
"Please look at it." She said in between breaths.  I glanced at her and then opened it up. My eyes stared at the open sheet and I looked at y/n for answers.

"Read the top right."
'Dealing Services'
Oh my fucking god..
I felt my eye twitch. I felt anger start to flow through me.

"This is a fucking joke right?! We've been trying to crack this case down for less than a week and they don't even give us all the information?? We're not fucking super humans  we can't figure-" I cut myself off when I saw the girl give a me worried look. Maybe more scared then worried but I took a deep breath in and muttered an apology.
"Well what do we do from here?" I glared at her as if it was her fault.
"I- I don't know. Another interrogation maybe or maybe it's time to take that offer into consideration but I really don't know what to do.." She was fidgeting with her hands, a nervous tick she developed over the years. She was never nervous and the fact that I out of all people did made me feel a bit sick. I slid my hand down my face disappointed in myself and this stupid place I put her in.

The agency was always sketchy and never told us the full details but to really give us a mission and not all the needed information to crack it? Who do they think we are? Humans with insane fucking iq?? Bullshit.

I slammed the paper on my desk looked up and lit my hands on my face; proceeded to yell into my hands. I dragged them down my face once more and glanced at y/n once more and smiled a bit. I felt bad for making her so worried so I felt the need to joke around a bit.

"Did you just wake up or something?" I could tell I caught her off guard as she looked down at herself and back at me a bit flustered.
"O-Oh yeah I did! Sapnap needed help to find his bandana so I offere- oH HIS BANDANA SO SORRY I HAVE TO DIP BUT WE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS IN A MINUTE. GIVE ME A MINUTE."
Then she was off. I chuckled a bit to myself, running my hand down my face once more.
...

What the actual fuck were we going to do?