Chapter 22- Soot

a/n
enjoy :]

Y/N POV
The car came to a screeching halt. The brakes slammed the floor with no resistance. God I hated Quackity's driving. We were at a guards post.

Quackity was quietly discussing with the guard, a few snickers here and there were heard and finally the gates in front of us opened. I looked through the window across from me and saw a big black building. That was it. Really? That's it? All that fighting for nothing? I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned my head back into the seat. I heard somebody's body from the front shift backwards.

"Get ready for the best agency you're about to see." I had recognized Jacks thick accented voice. He held the slightest bit of excitement. I simply sighed, I was tired. Soon the bumpy road was not the only movement I was feeling, Dreams leg that laid against my foot started to bounce. I lifted my leg and put it on his leg. I glanced down at him to already find him staring.
'It'll be alright' I mouthed.

And before you knew it we were let in. And hell. Jack was right. Inside the building was a vast amount of space, but that's not what grabbed my attention. It was the fact that in the middle there was a big UFO. The top of the UFO reaching the ceiling, while the built in bright neon beam reached the floor. The beam held an elevator within for transportation.
I heard Dream whistle.
"Holy shit." I whispered. To which Dream laughed.
"Wonder how long this shit took.." Dream mumbled.

We came to another screeching halt once more and suddenly he trunk doors were bursted open. Men wearing purple suits with sunglasses and ear pieces came in taking all of our loot boxes full of goods. I watched as 2 men struggled carrying a box. We were really generous with our package it seems. And then they shut.

"IS PURPLED HERE BOYS?" Quackity yelled at whoever.
"You just missed him, boss. But he did tell us to tell you that your services are much appreciated and here's the payment," the agent handed a sizeable suit case, to which Quackity took and handed it to Jack. "You never fail to bring the best of our good Quackity." The agent smiled.
"Any time, Michael. Well we gotta go. Our group was absolutely fucked by Sam! I swear that guy is taking some sort of heavy drug!" He exclaimed. But the agent didn't return the same energy back. Rather, a hefty sigh left his lungs. His head hung a bit before releasing whatever thought encased him in such a bad mood.

"Word around town is that quirk enhancers have been spreading; specifically to our hero agency's. Sam has been in the media, under fire lately as well as some big contestors like Soot." My eyes widened and my head whipped to Dream. But when I looked over his eyes were already glued to the man.

"Soot? As in the guy that is in agency hours away from here?" Dream asked.
"Yeah. A traveler, a mischief in the papers, a threat, a liability. Media has seen his power grow so much, as well as even gain another power," The agent shifted his glasses and glanced down at his watch before looking back up. "He came to Purpled and offered deals. We declined because we know very well what side he stands for. But his offer was so..conspicuous we don't know anymore. But anyway, I have to-"

"No wait! You have to explain to us more!" Dream yelled from the back.
He shook his head. "I can't. I wish I could."
"This is a serious matter-" Dream tried reasoning.
"And why do you care so much?" And that's what shut Dream up. His hand that was once raised to prevent the agency from leaving found it way back to his lap. He slowly turned back towards my direction, readjusting his mask to properly frame his face. The displacement happening from the moment of shock and surprise.

"It was nice talking." The agent said before leaving. And that was our cue to leave as well.

Time skip to when everybody gets home bc im lazy.