Chapter 24- Trust

Chapter 24

DREAM POV

I felt the bed shift and shake. The once weight I bared between my arms disappeared. I didn't fully register it until the warmth of two bodies quickly only became one.
Wtf? Where is she going?
I felt the weight shift to the side of the bed. Her voice was cloudy, I couldn't tell if it was because of my brain fog or because she was tired. But she sounded angry, irritated, annoyed at the very least. And then her body left completely. I heard her nimble footsteps leave the room.
She doesn't think I'm dumb, right?

After a minute or two, I decided to get up. My legs covered by thin sweats shivered from the lack of blanket. I brushed out my hair with my hand and walked towards her voice, the louder it became as I moved towards the living room. As soon as the hallway met with the living room, I found her facing the other way towards the kitchen. The dim light above her head flickered as emotion poured out from her. I leaned on the wall and simply waited for her responses to come.

"If you I abandoned our family why would you call me?"
From the little I could hear, panic arose from the phone. I could see her start to smirk.
"You trust me even after you stated that I abandoned you? Even after I left? Such unkind words, Soot, really. Contradicting, even."

Soot? She's talking to Soot? I felt the scowl on my face start to grow. She didn't trust me enough to wake me up and help her through this situation? Am I someone to be left in the dust?
My thoughts were cut off by her saying the ever awaiting words, "goodbye, Soot."

She put her hands at her sides and let out a big huff of air, and when she turned to face me she raised her eyes before maintaining herself.

"Did I wake you?" I glared at her.
"No. I woke myself." I replied coldly.
"I was just on a phone call, sorry-"
"Don't bullshit me Y/n," I walked closer to her and glanced down at the device she held in her hand. "I'm not fucking dumb and I hate when people think that. But you know what I hate more? When people really believe that I'm the biggest moron on Earth and try to play it out like I am one." She looked at me, her eyes held colors that I could get lost in forever if i wasn't so fired up.
"Why didn't you wake me to say that Soot called?"
Her eyes looked everywhere but at me.
"I assumed that it wasn't important-"
"You assumed it wasn't important?!-" I cut myself off snd took a deep breath. "Y/n I can't tell if you're fucking with me right now but if you are this isn't funny. We both heard what Soot is doing. Are you not trusting me right now?"
"What? No! That's not the case! I just didn't think I needed you to hover over the call!"
"You didn't think I needed to hover- I'm not a fucking parent! I'm not here to hover I'm here to try and find out what OUR friend is doing behind OUR backs! What are you not getting through your thick skull!" I realized I raised my voice, but it was too late as I had finished my little tantrum. I was expecting some sort of heavy emotion from her but all she did was glare daggers at me.

She pulled me in by the shirt, dragging my whole upper body down with her.
"Listen here, you son of a bitch. You don't raise your voice at me. I could send you back home right now by simply turning you in. Is that what you want?" She released me, her eyes held a cold look. That in anger and disappointment. One that would've never been shown before if we were at home.
"I would've told you everything. Since when have I not?" I looked away from her eye contact, but I could still feel her glaring at me. Waiting; expecting me to return it. I sighed and looked back and smirked a bit.
"I love when you get angry and threaten me. Shows me who you really are in this industry. A fiesty bitch that's not to be messed with." I saw her nose wrinkle before a small smile tugged at her lips; she quickly erased it before clearing her throat and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, now that we're here guess I should spill some beans. We have a mission tomorrow again." I spoke clearly, this time making sure my voice wasn't raised to any extent whatsoever.
"Another drug delivery?" She asked, which to be fair, was a good question considering what our last few missions were. I finally looked back at her face. Her once anger filled features now settled with a passive aggressive calmness. She wasn't over my outbreak yet.
"We get a hit man mission tomorrow. A target for us to fully take down." I said with a ripping smile on my features. I heard her giggle to herself.
"I miss my title of being the woman everybody should fear. But a mission where we finally get to kill instead of lock up? Shit," She muttered to herself, I saw her lick her teeth with anticipation and a big sinister smile ready to show through.
"This is gonna be so fun." She uncrossed her arms and put them above her head, giving herself a big stretch. She looked back down at her device before looking back up at me.

"What is it, darling?" I teased.
"It's around 5:30 am and I'm missing the comfort of our bed," She paused. "my love." She grabbed my hand and started walking through the dark hall back down to our room.
She jumped on the bed belly first, rolling over to the side closest to the wall and then dragged me down. I laughed at her flawed mechanism of getting me down with her
"You really are a character, Reaper. It honestly surprises me how far you've gotten in this world without being killed."
"Just because I act different with you doesn't mean everybody else gets this treatment. I'm just not a bitch to everybody unlike a certain someone." She nudged me in the ribs and started laughing.
"Kidding. But go to bed. I don't want to be carrying around 'dead weight' on our first assassination mission." She mimicked Quackity before quickly flipping her body towards me to head back to sleep.

She nestled her head on my chest while her legs cradled my own. Almost like a koala on a tree. I put my hand on her head, turning a bit more towards her so I can engulf in her heat.

"Goodnight, darling."
"Goodnight, bitch." She replied.

A/N!
hello again, doves! This is a short chapter but I hope u enjoy it :]!!
make sure to drink water, eat food, and if you want make sure you're all clean <3.

i hope you have an amazing day/night my loves :).
signing off

-grilledbread