Chapter 27- Fancy

a/n
my mental health is ass LMAO but im gonna try and knock out the whole masquerade/execution in this chapter, so buckle in :].

Chapter 27
Y/N POV

As the final remnants of the steam from the piping shower dissipated into the vents above me, I glanced at myself in the mirror. The dress clung to my curves, the folds of the dress folding naturally upon my body. The dolled up makeup creating the effect of smooth skin. The eyeliner so sharp it could cut anything that got in its way.

Almost too good.

Leaving the bathroom, I saw Dream cuffing his sleeves, pulling at the seams to straighten them. His off white undershirt covering the muscles underneath, but the thin sleeves accentuating every nook and cranny. He had a vest to top it off, giving his body the shape of a triangle.

"Looking good, won't lie." I said, my eyes everywhere but his own. I had a grin on my face, watching how the outfit framed him.

"Oi, my eyes are up here, doll." His voiced dripped with sarcasm. When we made eye contact I could see his eyes widen, before settling once more.
"What'd you say about eyes up here?" I giggled at myself before we both heard a yell down the hall.

"OI!" Ponk's thick accented voice yelled, "We got places to be be!"
I ran through Dream and into our room, with haste, grabbing everything. Phone, earphone for communication, a mini purse given with the dress, a silk pair of gloves and of course, a mini blade to strap underneath the dress. I ran back out of the door, Dream still standing there.
"Hey, let's go! What are you waiting for, bean stalk?" I grabbed his hand and ran to the front gates.

There awaited Ted and Ponk. Ted was wearing a charcoal black vest, the white button up shirt taking place for the sleeves. I looked over to Ponk, his outfit similar. He had a wine red suit, his undershirt black.

"I mean, we look like we're ready to either kick ass or eat ass." Ponk stated nonchalantly.
"What??" Dream started laughing, his palm meeting his forehead. I started chuckling, my fingers were pinching the bridge of my nose.
Ted simply huffed with a half laugh.
"Let's get going before Schlatt kicks our asses."

And out we were, for a long 5 hour drive. Without the traffic. Dear lord.

time skip bc i don't have a lot of motivation to write nonsense :]

6:30, watching every scene change and morph before my eyes, only to be greeted by the night. The moon was no longer with us though as we were pulled into some sort of dark lot, way beneath any first floor level. The only lights that followed were the weak fluorescent bulbs lighting up the dark parking lot. Then the car came to a light stop, the sound of 4 buckles all undoing at the same time filled the air.
Ted turned around, holding 4 deep red 'X' pins.

"Clip these on you somehow, whether it be hair or suit," He glanced at Dream and then me "Put it on. We're supposed to be labeled into groups, everyone will have one."
"We're marking who we work for? Feel like that doesn't give away any info of sorts." Dream chipped in, his eyes half lidded with sarcasm. I nudged him with my elbow, Ted gave him a "Im done" look before saying what he needed.
"We're not giving anything away. These pins," He held them out closer to me and Dream "just so happen to not be the same at all."
As i looked closer, he was right. All of them were different curves, each corner tilted a different way, even the colors were different shades.
"If any of us drop a pin, they won't be able to track down the rest. But when we're at the entrance, they'll look almost the same under such dim lighting. Just, promise me with this one." He smiled, and we all took one.

My pin went immediately into my hair, while Dreams was put on his suit. We all opened our doors, the empty parking lot offering nothing except what seemed like an abandoned stairwell up. My eyes widened, and a whine left my throat.
" Are we going up right now, Vision? Up the fucking stairs?" Ponk laughed at my disbelief, e before he answered himself.
"You know I hate the name Star. What if you were 'Frejya?' Or, 'V'?"
"V?" My brows furrowed, V?
"V for Vendetta."
"I don't know-"
"Yes!" Dream yelled, "That's perfect! V for Vendetta! Now we can leave my stupid loopy legacy out of my every day life! Fucking, yes!" Dream cheered and I simply scoffed. I turned to Ted to which he smiled and shrugged, seemingly agreeing with the change.