thirteen

Liverpool England
November 19th,
1962

Isabelle had hid in her room after that, her best dress adorned her slim figure and she must have brushed her hair and teeth nine times by now - she knew her mum would complain about how much it cost next week but she didn't mind her date with Geo...

Isabelle had hid in her room after that, her best dress adorned her slim figure and she must have brushed her hair and teeth nine times by now - she knew her mum would complain about how much it cost next week but she didn't mind her date with George was all that mattered right now.

"Issy"

The girl turned and looked at her brother who was stood by the door, she smiled as she popped her lips free of her lip gloss.

"I don't think you should go on this date" Ivan requested, Isabelle didn't answer only played with the lid of her lipstick - deep in thought. "Listen I know George, I'm bestfriends with George. He-he doesn't and never will settle down and date someone. I-"

"He said tha-" she interrupted

"He lied Isabelle! What makes you so special that you think that would all change for you?!" he said loudly, Isabelle looked in the mirror at her makeup she had spent hours on with a pout.

Her brother was stood behind her now, and had a hand on her shoulder comfortingly, "Go on the date, but- just don't go and fall in love or anything alright?" he chuckled, Isabelle looked down as he walked out.

Because she didn't know if she could keep that promise.

✧✧✦

"Is she ready to go?" George asked with an excited grin, Ivan sighed but raised his eyebrows in attempt of communication.  "Listen buddy if you lay a hand on my little sister-" John's exaggerated impression of Ivan was completed with a shove of his imaginary glasses and a smack from the man himself. "Shut up Lennon" the big brother grumbled sitting down on the floor next to Paul.

The horrendous pink carpet was stained and older than Isabelle herself, but they weren't fazed. Their houses were much similar - well apart from John's. His aunt Elizabeth, or mimi as they knew her, always kept her house spic and span, you wouldn't see any stains in that house...except maybe in John's room.

Isabelle had slid her black heels on at the door and poked her head in, "are you uhm- ready?" she asked George jamp up quickly making Ringo snicker and remove his eyes from the record he had been flipping over.

"Looking lovely Issy" he smiled, glaring at George slightly, the young-in nodded grabbing his coat and walking over to the door his date was stood at.

"See you all later" he waved, "bye love!" Paul exclaimed from the window.

John appeared by his side.

"Always wear protection!" he jabbed, Isabelle blushed as she walked across the road George stopped at the gate and mouthed something.

"Rude!" the elder Beatle yelled at the flip of his bandmates finger.

✧✧✦

George and Isabelle spoke of Hamburg in more detail and the boy doted to her about how much he loved the newest addition to the group, Ringo, even telling her about the songs he had wrote.

"Most of them probably won't make it on the album bu-" Isabelle shoved him as she swallowed another chip.

"Why wouldn't they be on the album, they sound amazin' Georgie!" she laughed in astonishment, he shrugged "Paul and John are the songwriters according to America" he teased, she shook her head, "oh fuck-" she swallowed "what america say"

He laughed in shock, "It's not jsu america, Issy it's the others too" he corrected throwing the empty paper from his fish and chips in the bin before offering to throw Isabelle's in.

George's jacket was perched on her shoulders now and the sun had gone down behind the church tower, leaving the couple to walk down the dark alley way silently, Isabelle shifted closer to the boy whem she heard a bang come from behind. George's slender fingers slid into the girl's nervously.

"Do you like it...the fame?" she asked randomely, the guitarist shrugged.

"It's getting hard now, everyone seems to know us all of a sudden. Paul's talking about moving to London permanantly- that scares me though" he sighed and she placed her free hand pn his arm in comfort before leaning her head on his shoulder.

George grinned wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "I'm scared that if we leave, to London, we won't come back" he said truthfully, Isabelle nodded "well you've got to do whats best for you George. Not the band, nor the fans or us- It's your life in the end you've got to do what you want with it" Isabel replied.

"Your brother doesn't like me does he?' the teenager asked as they walked along the crumbling streets towards the Vaughan's home, cuddled amongst eachother completely, Isabelle giggled with a shake of her head.

"No he really doesn't" she answered, the biy didn't seem fazed though only laughed softly as he opened the gate.

It did hurt George slightly though, his own friend didn't like him and felt the need to try and prevent him from speaking to the girl he liked. But he know deep down that he did deserve it.

Isabelle stopped at the door and turned to look at her date.

George smiled and pecked her cheek before checking to make sure nobody was watching from the window.

The curtains were closed though so he turned back to the blonde and
contemplated on making a move.

He stared at her lips for a moment, the gloss makimg them shiny and more plump, George thought about leaning in. But it was too late.

Isabelle had already did it for him.

written: 04/02/21