seven

Liverpool England,
22nd July
1958

The birds were chirping and the skies were blue, the classrooms were packed and an oder filled the halls one of sweat and teenagers, which meant one thing - summer had begun!

Isabelle personally wasn't too excited for summer mainly because the family's trip to Blackpool was cancelled after Dad lost job and she had found out last week that the boys had gone back to Hamburg for the summer. "Ninety-three executive shows Issy! We can't turn that down!" John had whined, "I don't care if its ninety-three shows or five you should spend more time eith your family!" she had yelled.

But the bell had rung and she was trying to make it past the gate without another run-in with Robert a boy who had been begging her to go on a date for weeks now. And he was a lovely boy but she couldn't possibly take him up on it when she knew George was only a stone throw away.

George and Isabelle hadn't spoke since the boy's birthday...the girl was ignoring him. The week before they'd left - about two months ago - sitting  in the Vaughan's front room (which was apperantly the only place they met up) John was teasing the boy relentlessly about how he'd lost his virginity to some German prostitue - and Paul and Ivan laughed along. Paul because he laughed at anything John did. And Ivan because he was happy George wasn't anywhere near his sister.

"Isabelle!" a voice had yelled, she turned slowly and smiled politely as Robert ran towards her.

"Ye going down the Cavern?" he asked "There's a new band, rumour has it they're better than the Quarrymen" he joked nudging her, the girl laughed loudly, George loved that laugh, "I'm not sure i haven't been down there in ages" she drug out her last word, "Cmon then! It'll be a laugh!" He begged.

The girl agreed.

𖣘

And so at eight Isabelle was down the Cavern and had a drink in hand.

Robbie was trying to impress her with his dance moves and she had to admit they were pretty impressing and they did make her giggle.

"I cannot believe my eyes, little Isabelle has a boyfriend" a familiar voice had said from behind. The blonde jamp spinning around to face the group of boys, Robert watched in confusion.

"You're home?!" she yelled over the music, John nodded "Well done Columbo" he said sarcastically, Isabelle flipped him off, which made Paul laughed but he stopped once he recieved John's glare.

"Come sit in the corner" Ivan nodded over to an empty table, where the boy's usually sat. Isabella nodded but looked down at the ground as George glared at her.

"That was John Lennon" Robert stated, Isabelle nodded "The John Lennon!" the boy cheered grinning before taking a celebratory drink, "Cmon Robbie" Isabelle waved himnover towards the boys.

-

A short chapter today,, another should go up tommorrow :)
Hope you're enjoying so far!!

new character:

Robert 'robbie' Greens{ played by Alex Lawther }

{ played by Alex Lawther }

written: 06/11/20