twenty three

London, England
May 12th
1967

"Okay Mrs Harrison- we'll see you next month alright? Keep resting and try to stay off your legs as much as possible" the nurse smiled, it was ironic because usually Isabelle would be the one telling new mothers what to do yet here she was being e...

"Okay Mrs Harrison- we'll see you next month alright? Keep resting and try to stay off your legs as much as possible" the nurse smiled, it was ironic because usually Isabelle would be the one telling new mothers what to do yet here she was being educated on something she specialised in, by one of her co-workers no less.

"Alright Katie, see you then" Isabelle waved politely with a relieved smile, because the appointment had gone well.

George hadn't been able to make it to the scan this month, he had been at every one since they had found out but now the band were filming their new movie and forcing a pregnant lady to sit for four hours on a long, winding, bus route, with a clan of loud actors and actresses didn't seem like the best idea. So George had been gone for the weekend so far and was due to get home soon.

Isabelle's hand gripped the documents in her hand securely, a small booklet on the growth of the baby along with a light blue envelope with her name and address settled upon it. The small envelope in her hand was supposed to tell her what gender the baby would be.

Isabelle hadn't yet decided whether to find out or not, the couple hadn't really discussed it. George didn't care he would love the baby all the same, so would Isabelle. But now that the envelope was right in front of her, she couldn't help but feel a deep curiosity and desire to know what it was.

She had guessed boy, and she hoped it was one, not because she didn't want a little girl, but because she had grown up with a big brother and he had always provided a deep sense of security and safety over the girl– not that Ivan would ever admit to it.  But then again George had a big sister and she was certainly way more intimidating than Ivan. Without a shadow of a doubt.

So Isabelle didn't care, not really, she was just excited to have a family. To pick out little baby clothes that were fluffy against their soft skin, feed them mushy food, that will definitely taste disgusting but they'll still eat it all with a big gummy smile-

She pulled her car door open and climbed into the front seat with yet another chuffed smile, she couldn't wait to get home.

Of course she did feel lonely at night time when she soothed herself to sleep by rubbing her ever growing belly in the dark, she wished George could be here with her. To see how she changed, hear how the baby changed from the doctor themselves rather than having Isabelle repeat word for word over the phone. But he had work and it wasn't like he had much choice, Paul didn't settle for anything but perfection. And The Beatles couldn't possibly be perfect without all of their members.

On the drive home Isabelle stopped by the Starkey's and bumped into a man in a dark coat, to which she smiled with a quiet apology before walking up the short steps and knocking on the door before entering.