four

Liverpool England,
15th September,
1957

The giddy teenage girls danced down the stairs, and made their way outside

The giddy teenage girls danced down the stairs, and made their way outside. Ivan, George and Paul were stood at the gate being hackled by Mrs Vaughan who was holding a small camera in her hand.

"Girls quickly, please, or you'll be late!" She smiled waving a hand to motion for them to squeeze in together.

The women held a somewhat feeling of relief about the dance. It was the first normal festivity since the war, she felt like life was finally going back to normal.

"Oh you look lovely dear!" she smiled at her daughter before pulling the camera up to her eye, and a flash went off, before the women could show it off the kids were already have way down the street.

"Bye ma!" Ivan waved, "Bye ma" Paul mimicked earning a smack from his friend.

𖣘

"Oh ye' you look dashing Paulie!" Isabelle laughed looking the boy up and down, he smirked at George besode him, "I try, Issy" he winked, "Hey I'm going to dance with her" he motioned to a girl in the corner "Why don't eh, yous' two go on out there and have a little boogy, yea?" he asked pushing the pair towards the dancefloor.

"I actually-" "Well w-" George amd Isabelle spluttered but Paul shook his head "No, no, i insist! it'll be fun. Besides you two never dance together at the Cavern" he grinned mischievously before walking over to a group of girls in the corner.

"Do you want-" "We don't have to-"

"Oh-"

they laughed awkwardly, "Here" Isabelle shrugged placing his arm upon her waist "One dance wouldn't hurt" she smiled shyly as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He nodded soundlessly but his cheeks burned a bright red.

"How long have you known Ivy?" she asked, he looked down at her "He hates being called that" he reminded her, she laughed quietly "He isn't here" she said sheepishly. He smiled at the sight.

"You look beautiful!" He blurted randomely after an awkward pause, she blushed "So do you" she replied but paused as he smirked slightly. "I mean you look handsome- not beautiful- well you are always...you uhm- you look nice" she stuttered and the boy nodded in reply, before spinning her under his arm.

written: 01/11/20